ch>4 - Dinner with the ubaid's

Upload, the two besties|♧|

I believe all your dreams,
Adoration.
You took my heart and my keys and my patience...
You took my heart on my sleeve for
Decoration.
You must have taken the love I brought for you for foundation.
~Work ~☆RIHANNA.
((P.s. I adore her #wink))

Jawahir p.o.v

Bukar, I whispered under my breath,
Even though i couldn't hear the sound of my words.
I couldn't believe what am seeing.
It's just 6yrs back when I last saw Bukar and he changed this much.
Ma sha Allah.
He grew into a handsome young man indeed .
I totally would have been crushing on him . But too bad he's no where close to my Saif.
"Jawahir why are you stuck, let's go says Dad" waking me from my trance.
I sat near madari aka hauwa ,oum kalthum younger sister,
Oum kalthum family was welcoming.
I really hadn't seen them in a while.
You know that friend you have whom visits you more often than you do to her,
Well am exactly that friend
Even though I haven't seen them in a while they where so welcoming that it seemed like yesterday.

Everyone's attention was on Bukar,
The diner was almost as if it was meant for catching up with Bukar, how fremd was that.

I eat my macroni salad, oyster soup with Ricardo cheese batter as if it was the most important thing to do at the moment,
Even oum kalthum was engrossed in their boring conversation.
I guess she too has missed bukar just as much,
I was getting jealous.
I am always the centre of every conversation but today it's different.
It seems as if I was invincible.

No one notice me except madari,
Whom kept making dummies with her food in other to get my attention.
It was a game I normally play with her each time I visit the ubaid's.
I turn to take a view of the restaurant, but I was taken aback by what I saw.
It was Saif .
What the jahannama (what the hell! !), is he doing here.
I sigh'ed and faced my food trying to figure how to get rid of him.
"Excuse me" , with that I left the table and made my way towards the bathroom.
I stopped half way there, and called Saif. .
In a sec ,
He was besides me.
"What are you doing here, are you following me" I scowl.
"No, dear" he shruggs
"I was feeling uneasy with out your company so I decided to come here" he said.
"I didn't know you would be here, besides I wouldn't want to cause any drama" explain Saif.
"How cute is this guy?".
I was lost staring at him that I didn't even notice he had finished his sentence.
"Jawahir !,jawahir "
He shook me .
"Are you okay. .?" He asked
"Yes , yes sorry" I say.
"I was just wondering how this night would have turn up if it's just me and you" I lied.
"Let's ditch this place then", smirks Saif .
I could see the spark in his eyes, it means fun.
For a moment I nearly got convinced.
"No ,no saif, i can't " I say.
"Trust me I hate this boring dinner but Mum and Dad would be furious if I left without saying anything" I explain.
Immediately the smile on saif's face disappeared.
It's clear, he was disappointed.
But he tried to hide it,though his face betrayed him
"Saif please go somewhere else,
I can't focus, if you are here" I suggested.
"My mind would be on you and everyone would notice" I add.
"Now you don't want your girl ,to be pick upon would you" I said in a frolicsome manner
"Ok" says saif giving up.
"I will Skype call you,the minute I reach home" .
Saif hugs me and then disappeared through the hallway.
It's a tradition of ours to always Skype with one another before going to bed.
He always make sure it's my face he see last before going to bed and I find that romantic.
Uhmm.even I can't sleep without seeing him first.
I turned and made My way to the ladies room
Once there I placed my hands near the motion detector faucet.
I washed my hands and dried them when I saw oum kalthum through the mirror.
"Hey is everything Ok jawahir" she asked.
"Yes , why?" I answered.
"Well you where behaving weird back there, and hadly contribute any thing to the on going conversation", Said oum kalthum.
I didn't even see it that way,
"Oh I did , you were too busy to notice" i lied.
She glared at me.
And we both giggled and return to the table.
Desert was served,
I have to say I really enjoyed the diner now more, it transitioned from boring to entertaining.
Jokes where thrown , we poked one another, my favourite topic were touched, that's taking about myself.
I enlightened them all about me.
I learn one or two things about bukar, he really isn't as I thought earlier.
It was simply amazing.
I have to say, after giving them a chance they proved even an uptight family could be fun, though not as much as mine does.
It was finally going smoothly when oum kalthum's mum spoiled it.
"Jawahir kin girma, saura aure.
Yaushe zamu zo biki. (Jawahir you are have grown up,when would we come to your wedding )".
My mood quickly change, but she continues
"Kin ga muna meman ma oum kalthum miji, amman tace ita sai kin shirya (you see we have started searching for a husband for our daughter but she insist until you are ready to settle down)" that you two have this sacred dream of marrying on the same day at the same placed" she chuckles .
What those this woman think, I bet oum kalthum can handle getting the perfect match for her self.
She's still being treated like a kid , and see the moron just smiling sheepishly as her mum said this rubbish.
my subconscious protest it's f***king 2016.

"Eh ", I answered calmly.
"Kin ga ba rage shekaru ku keyi,
Kuma (you are not getting any younger )"
"in sha Allah by next year you will be done with your collage degree" she adds.
"Ya kama ta ace kunfito da miji (you are suppose to have by now bring forth a suitor)" she said.
Right now this woman is sounding like my grandma that I wasn't fortunate to have met alive.
Uhmm., I nodded shyly.
What's the rush ,said my parent saving us from the ruthless predator, beast that was oum kalthum mother.
No wonder oum likes staying at my place.
They quickly manipulated the conversation and changed it
Finally the dinner was over we bade our good byes and left with oum kalthum.

■■■■■

zeemus was right, she was all along and I lashed out earlier at her for no good reason.
I thought
Tonight I did met him, my one true love at the restaurant as she said.
I have to say she's a true clairvoyant.
I met Saif .
I smiled like a fool.
The incoming call from my mac book pro, brought me back to reality.
It was Saif Skype calling me.
They say speak of the devil and the devil appears but I say think about a hot angel and the hot angel calls.
I blushed at my stupid thoughts and answered .
We talk, and talk, and talk
Till I dozz off.

A/N.
Votes would highly be appreciated.
Lots of love ♡♡