ch>22 - khulaid's confession

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ALLAH, IS THE SUPREME PLANNER.

Third persons p.o.v :

Jabir's family were finally out of danger.
Every passing moment he spend with them only reminds him of the mistakes he made up un till now. He became nothing less than a mountain full of regrets n shame.

Mr.khulaids wife both asked for and explaination.
He sat them one fateful day , and started narrating the shame of his life.

Jabir's p.o.v ;

It all started when I proposed to labiba and she accepted,
My parents were so happy and decided to fix the wedding in a month time.
I was ecstatic knowing I was to marry the woman i loved , the wo an that makes my heart skip a bit, but I thought the date is rather to soon.
I wanted to share the happiness of my life, with the person I love and adore the most , my grandma.
My grandmother, held me for a little while, before I moved back with my parents.
Soon I packed my things, bading my parents adieu,
I headed straight to katsina, my home town.
It had rain that very day when I arrived.

I Inhaled the sweet scent of the sand from my home land as cold kept battle it way to me.
It was cold and dark, and granny's house was in manunfashi.
I tried stopping a taxi, but none would stop.
I can't bare the cold anymore, walking a little forward from where the transit car has alighted.
I got a rickshaw, in due time, I was at granni's.
Granny was so happy to see me, though she complained that I had forgetten her.
With great difficulty, I manage to convince granny that I cared and work had kept me away .
In the morning, I decided to do more catching up with granny, and tell her what brought me later in the day.
Granny's favorite subject was touched, she kept blabbering about her youth, those fun days and the sacrifice she made.
Truly granny , was my idol.
I never get bored or complain about her stories, even though I would hear them a million times.
Later in the evening when I was about to tell granny what brought me , she was summoned by the neighbors.
The day ended without me accomplishing my mission.
I let it slide.
the next day , I woke up determine to tell granny everything before I leave for kaduna the next day.
Granny was no where to be found so I waited for her, till noon before she came back.
"Dan nan ( child), something pitiful had happened" said granny.
"Toh , what happen" I asked rather curiously.
"Ashraff, ladi's daughter, ka ganeta. (Can you recall her)."
"Yes", I shook my head rather doubtfull.
" yes" her name does ring a bell from way back, but No I recall nothing about her.
"What about her " I asked granny.
Well her finance, left her at the alter.
"Ehyya" I sigh.
"When everyone was gathered for the wedding fatiha , her husband-to-be , decided to end the relationship right there and then".
"That's sad granny, I hate the gut of poeple like that, at least he should have ended it since before the wedding. This just messed up " I reason with granny.
"Yes , son".
"But I helped the poor soul" said granny cheerful.
"Masha Allah" I exclaim
But how, granny.
Well, I told the iman and wife's family to tie the knot with you" she said timidly.
"What ", I yelled.
This can't be..I nod my head in disbelief.
"You are now a married man" she said reassuringly.
"What granny, why did you do it" I asked.
"Because you are old enough to get married, and someone needed to point that out for you."
Innalillahi wainnailaihirrajiun.
"What right do you have to do this" I snorted.
"Jabir! !, "she yelled.
I brought my hand to a halt, as I stood to leave.
PLEASE WAIT, SHE WAILS.
I hate to see her upset, i hate seeing my granny cry, it soften my heart so I stopped.
"Granny do you even know why I came", I asked
"No" she shooks her head.
"Well, I came to inform you that your grand son has finally found a wife and is ready to settle down."
"Am sorry, was all she could say".
She sounded so remorsefully.
"Jabir, am sorry but you can't beat the game of destiny. "
"Ashraff is part of your Qadri, and she's already yours."
"Please , do not leave her here, go with her" says granny.
"Ok, I can't fight God will, we all plan but God is the Supreme planner, I will accept Ashraff as my wife" I said as gentle as I could though every word I utter hold an unquenchable lament.
"Granny, tell me something have you inform mum n dad" I asked.
"Oh God, I was so worried about your reaction, that I have forgotten to tell them", she said.
"Good" I smirk.
"Please,granny don't"
"I will tell them once I reach home" I assured her.
The next day, I got my stuff and decided to leave without a glimpse at my new bride, all I knew was that she would be moving to granny's house later today, before I come get her.
I promise granny to come back for her, before I left.
Once more, granny said sorry and reminded me of my Deen and iman.
I left for kaduna, on arrival
"I met the worst news of my life, my parents die, leaving me an orphan".
All I had was now granny , only granny.
Few months after the tragedy , labiba became ,my wife, a ray of sunshine into my darken world.
I was leaving happily with her.
By Allah I have, forgetten I have a wife, granny calls less and I became quite engage.

So what stopped you from , telling mum about her, asked jawahir interrupting her father's story.
Well I wanted to,
When I went back to katsina, I apologize to granny for not being in touch, they both forgive me.
I wanted to bring Ashraff back here with me, but grandma also passed away.
I waited and lamented back in katsina,
Months later , I ask ashraff to move back with me, but refuse
She was adamant, so I let her be.
That still doesn't justify why you didn't tell me., said labiba.
Well, you were so happy with being my only wife, I did want to hurt you so I decide what you don't know won't hurt you.
We lived happily all apart, juggling from kd to kt, wasn't easy.
Even if felt shabby for constantly telling lies, my sin grew.
Alhamdullahi, when both Saif and jawahir grew apart,
Ashraff, decided that she wants to move to kd, I really tried to stop her but..
YOU tried to stop me from finding out the truth said Ashraff cutting off her husband.
Looking at my fingers , I continued where I stopped.
I decided to let you come, I was doing a great job at hiding you two from each other, I tried to celebrate special occasion with both my families.
I became the perfect husband and father.
I was adore by my kids.

Too, bad your truth unveil right before us, Saif said sternly.
No , son
I knew I made mistakes, and I had no right to do so.
But all I did was seek for your happiness.
Dad, you left me chasing love, with my own blood brother, what if I had ran away and gotten married to him, cried jawahir.
You didn't , thank God, and am sorry.
I was great full that you all knew though I regretted not telling you earlier.
This is my story.
Jabir seek for his household forgiveness, but every one stood up leaving him, all alone as soon as he was done narrating his story.

Only vote if you liked the chapter.
Love to hear from you.
What do you think.
I regret to say that, I will be updating less frequently, Because school has resumed and everything is choked up right now.
~With your
Carltumee 💋