ch>23 -A cold day in July.

After sabr, comes beautiful things.
(Not edited like the rest of my chapters).
Jawahir's P. O.V;

I woke up,with a jerk. I look at the alarm clock near my bedside and it's still mid night. I should be asleep by now, but am restless, I can't take Saif off my mind or dad's confession. I couldn't make a sense about everything happening around me, so i decided to pray to Allah and move on.
I was now seated on the bed, I held my hands up curved, close to each other to pray.
Was I paying for my mistakes, I know am not the ideal Muslim, I have sinned , I'm a sinner, perhaps am paying for my mistake,
OR is it Dad, paying for his own mistakes, then why do we have to suffer more,
"AstagfiruAllah. .".I shrugged the feeling.
"Oh my jawahir" I heard mum's voice over me,
What is she doing awake by this time,
I parted my lips to call her but I couldn't, so I gape at her.
"Oh poor thing ",says mum as she reach towards me,
I quickly separated my hands, on realisation that I haven't been praying, like usual I was lost in my thoughts.
I felt drenched, that was when I realised that I have been crying, I had collected all the tears drops in my hands , but my pain was so deep that I felt nothing.
"Jawahir, you've been crying are you ok", mum asked with so much concern.
How could I be ok ,When Dad spoilt my happiness, Dad betrayed me., this I felt like spitting out .
"No, am fine " I lied.
"No , you are clearly not".
"Jawahir I was about to go get some milk, when I heard your loud and painful sob, and you are trying to hide the truth from me , mum scold".
"Mum" I gasp
Holding her tight.
"Mum, it's still..."
"No, drop that issue by now".
"It's been 3 good month" mum cuts me off.
"Three months , you have isolated yourself , it's time to forgive even it you won't forget.
I have forgiven, your Dad."
"You know , he hurts me the most."
"As for you, am glad we found things out before it's too late."
"I need you to promise me, that you will forgive and forget it."
I nod, my head.
"Well, thought you should know, you are not the only one worrying".
I turn towards mum , staring at her lips , I waited for her to continue.
"Your Dad also have been thinking quite too much,
I guess guilt has been eating him up.
His head has been in his thougt rather than his business, as a result he lost a valuable amount. "

I had no idea where mum is getting at, but one thing is for sure , I was growing impatient.
Like mum has read my mind, she drops the details and went straight to her point.
"To sum it up, it's been decided 6weeks ago, Ashraff and her son are moving into this mansion".
"What " I yelled.
"Yes" mum nodds her head.
"Is that a good idea" I asked.
Just go back to sleep, tomorrow we will talk things out.

Third persons p.o.v;

The next day, jawahir woke up late.
To keep her promise, she had been rehearsing her apologize mantra while brushing.
Alas she was done, and more courageous than ever.
She entered the living room with so much courage, but she saw Saif and his mum she lost all the courage she had built.
She couldn't figure out the emotions she was feeling.
Was she helping her mum do "kishi", or was she shattered knowing only in a cold day in July, will she ever marry saifullah.

No, she couldn't bare it any more,
Her leg became weak, and her stomach pitched.
She was suffocating, at least the atmosphere is making her.
She ran quickly to her Dad's study.
"Dad, am really sorry"she begun.
"Am sorry for how I reacted, am sorry for trying to end my life without thinking about both you and mum, am sorry for being selfish Dad..."
He , shush her.
"You , don't have to apologise, you have every right to be angry, I hurt you, but I was sadden when I realized you didn't have taqwa or sabr,
You didn't accept Allah's Qadr" he said to his daughter not loosing contact with her.
"Dad am sorry,"

"I want to get ,married" she blurted out.
He was taken aback by her sudden request, he swinged his swivel office chair, cleaning the tears that has escape his eyes, he turned boldly to look at his daughter, he knows he has to be strong for his daughter, both he doesn't understand the sudden choice.
"Are you, sure " he began
"Marriage is not a day thing , it's a life thing.
Don't get into marriage just because you are emotionally hurt".
After hearing him out, she knows that he's going to try desuading her, she's not going to let him, she decided.
"Dad , am sure"
"More than anything, I want to get married and now." She adds.
I never saw it coming , when our children will ask so shamelessly, though it's their right, he thought.

"You know you can't marry saifullah" he said, and later regretted his choice of our
Words.
"Of course, not him someone else ".
He looked at her more carefully, but he couldn't read her mind, her expression was straight and mild.
"Who do you have in mind?"He ask.

Jawahir's P. O.V;

That, I haven't thought about,
I was arrested by my mouth.
Who, who , my mind begun to jump up and down.
"Bukar" I almost yelled.
What, oh no
Bukar was the first man that came out of my mouth and now that it's out I have no choice but to stick to it.
"Bukar " Dad ask .
I nodded my head, now staring at my feet.
"But have you remembered, you had regretted him last time, and that almost cause a rift between our two families".
"Yes, Dad am sorry."
"But I do , want to marry him "I said , as tears escape my hard face.
"Ok, don't cry dear, I will sort things out.
Tell me, did you two plan this," said dad.
"What" I asked, though i got what he meant by we two but which plan.
"Yes, Saif also ask me to get him married earlier to day, he said that will get his mind off you, and perhaps his love for you will falter."
I was speechless after hearing Dad, Saif also wants to get married, and also for the same reason as I.,
I didn't know what to do , or think.
Should I be happy for him, or sad for my self.
No , I yelled inside my head.
I will not let the devil do this to me, not anymore.
To whom, I asked curiously not that it matters.
"Your mother suggested a friend of yours, is it zee.. "
"Zeemus ", I completed it for him.
Why her, she's so bizarre and introverted.
"Why not oum," was the only thing I could utter.
"Have you forgetten, oum is getting married in a month,."
"What" my mouth made an o.
How could my best friend be getting married without me, knowing.
No way in hell.
"Dad, please I also want to get married in a month.
Please make the necessary arrangements."
With that, I excused my self out.
I literally ran to my room in search of my phone.
I can't remember when last I had held it.
I breathed out, in relief the minute I spotted it.
Dang it, it was switched.
My battery must have drained.
I plug a charger onto the phone.
Staring at the phone I began to wonder how bad I will give it to her.
I have to scold her, for her mistakes.

Assalamulaikum,
Uhm, I don't know how to say this,
My best friend is on wattpad, and
She's writing a story, promise her book is ,
You won't regret checking her out. @wildpen and her book 'life after nikkah ' she's simply amazing and so is her book.

Am sorry, I literally keep forgetting to remove it, from bold letters after the headings.
I just have to edit the whole book when it's done, have patience.
Don't forget to vote, even if you hated the chapter ( got it).

~with lurv
Carltumee 💋