you're late.

four.

I walked into the house, disarming then rearming the alarms and kicked my shoes off at the door

I walked into the house, disarming then rearming the alarms and kicked my shoes off at the door. Someone would get them for me later.

As suspected the house was quiet since it was two in the morning. I peeked into the living room and saw the TV on Netflix's 'are you still watching?' screen but then I spotted Nicki laying on the couch with Remi laying on top of her passed out.

"Cute," I mumbled before picking him up. He instantly started squirming until I pulled him close to me and he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Mama?"

"Mhm, go back to sleep little man," I rubbed his back as I made my way to his room and placed him in his huge ass bed. I kissed his forehead and turned on his night light before leaving.

"Good night, I love you," I whispered, shutting his door.

I was about to go back downstairs until I saw the light on in me and Nika's bedroom.

"Where the fuck were you, Robyn?" she asked from inside her walk-in closet. She seemed calm which in all honesty was worse than her yelling.

I ignored her, getting undressed to get into the shower. I started it up and hopped in, humming Buju's Wanna Be Loved. I washed and rinsed off quickly before Nic could throw a complete temper tantrum and yell all damn night.

"Babe, can ya get mi a towel?" I yelled sticking my head out the glass shower door. Thirty seconds went by with still no answer, making me roll my eyes because I knew she had heard me.

"Whateva," I stepped out, the cold air hitting my wet skin.

"So yuh ain't 'ear me?" I asked looking at her as I dried off.

"Did you hear me when I asked where you were?"

"Princess, drop it. I'm tired an' not in the mood."

I pulled on some boy shorts and a oversized long sleeved shirt, getting in bed beside her.

"You said you wouldn't be home late, fucking liar," she mumbled as she looked at her phone.

I pulled her phone out of her hand and pulled her by her waist on top of me. We stared at each other for a while, her breathing getting shallow as I focused on her lips. I leaned up and pecked them gently even though she didn't kiss me back.

"Yuh betta stop actin' like dat to daddy, ionno who the hell ya tink ya talkin' to but it ain't me. I'm not playin' with yuh princess."