1.1

Xander was tried of smiling constantly at the people who kept bugging him. He had never faced a situation like this; where Sofia's cousins were gathered all around him. They were acting like he was some sort of king. He enjoyed the respect but he didn't enjoy them putting him above themselves.

He wasn't a god or something. He wouldn't admit it to anyone or even himself but his eyes were searching for the one he came here with - his wife. Where was she? Maybe she was enjoying with everyone when he was sulking, sitting in a couch constantly chuckling and smiling - forcefully.

He was thirsty. But the hesitation wouldn't let him ask anyone for water. He was suddenly nervous to even ask for water but the thing was that he knew if he asked for a glass of water they would provide him while pitcher. He didn't want attention. He never liked it.

So he sat there, with a dry throat. Maher, a cousin of Sofia came up to him and started chatting. The man was associated with business so the talk between both of them wasn't that boring. 

The dinner was served after a few hours and as they sat around the dining table, Xander couldn't help but look for Sofia. God why was he do anxious to see her? A few weeks ago he wouldn't even care if she was around or not and now look at him.

A smile grazed his lips as he saw her walking down the stairs laughing at something the woman besides her said. He watched her - as she stepped gracefully, that had been embedded in to her bones.

When she caught his eyes, she stopped laughing and gave him a small smile. She ignored her cousin - what was her name again? Yeah Mara he guessed. She walked towards him and sat down in the chair that was pulled out just besides him.

"Hi." Smiling, she said. Xander beamed at her.

"Hey."

"They didn't tire you out, did they? I am so sorry I had no idea they all would be h-" Covering her hand with his huge one, he shook his head and smiled.

"It's alright. I do not mind."

"Are you sure? Because I can escort you to your room of you want." She frowned.

"Now, now, Sofia you want me to starve to death? I haven't eaten anything since lunch." He grimaced. Sofia's mouth formed an 'O' and she looked sheepish.

"Sorry. I forgot we didn't have dinner yet." Xander nodded and waved her off as if it was nothing.

Dinner was served. Xander devoured almost everything on the table because first; he was starving and second; the food was delicious.

Sofia's mother was a nice and kind lady who treated him like they had known each other since years. "Xander would you like some roasted chicken? You haven't eaten anything." She gushed.

"Oh no, thank you. I am full." He gave her a smile. She looked like she was having an inner battle but nodded and sat back on her seat.

"So Xander, how is project with Emerald constructions going?" Sofia's father asked him. Xander placed his fork on the plate and wiped his lips with a napkin before answering.

"It's going great. The building is almost finished and I look forward to work with them more often." He replied. He nodded and after that Sofia zoned them out. They were having a boring conversation anyways and she didn't need to listen to them.

She was only brought out of her thoughts when her mother spoke, "Of course I will show you to your room. How silly of me, you must be tired and it's almost midnight." She laughed. Xander gave her a smile and stood up. Sofia was about to stand up but Salaar who was sitting on her opposite side placed a hand on her shoulder.