1.7

Xander rubbed his hands over his jaw and neck, applying the peppermint scented aftershave. Spraying a little amount of cologne, he put on his suit jacket and buttoned it up. Walking downstairs he found Sofia in kitchen, talking to their maid, as always. He smiled at her as he took a seat in front of her.

"Good morning." He greeted. She looked at him, still dressed up in her pyjamas and a loose tee shirt. Good, that meant she wasn't planning to go to university.

"Morning." She smiled and took a sip from her glass of milk.

"How are you?" He asked applying butter on his toast.

"I am good. Thank you."

"You aren't going to university, right?" He raised his eyes towards her before flicking them back to his toast.

"No. I guess." She shrugged. The university was off for two days due to what happened but today it was open. He just wanted her to get over the incident and wanted to make sure she was completely feeling well after the shock that she received. Secondly, the paparazzi had been hounding him like hungry wolves. They hadn't stopped bombarding him with questions wherever he went, outside the office, his house, his car, anywhere and he didn't want that for Sofia. So, it was better for her to stay at home for at least some days. "How is your head?" She gestured towards the small white bandage on the side of his head. The stitches needed to be removed and tonight he would have that done.

"It's fine, doesn't hurt too much." He waved it off. Sofia nodded. "I will have them removed by tonight." He shrugged. Sofia looked at him and licked her dry lips.

"Do you mind if I come?" She asked. She knew he wouldn't need her there with him because he wasn't weak but she really wanted to be there. She didn't know why though. Xander lifted his thick lashes as his jaw stopped moving indicating that he had stopped eating. His blue pools stared at her with something inside them before a small smile appeared on his face.

"If you want..." he told her. Sofia nodded, not breaking the eye contact with him when he suddenly cleared his throat and looked away. Awkward!

After he reached the building of his office as always he was strafed with reporters and paparazzi like every other day. It had become a routine for him but that didn't mean it was any less irritating. He clenched his jaw and waited for his guards to clear the path so he could get out of the car. He put on his Ray Bans and got out of the car once the path was clear for him and ignored every absurd question of reporters. 

At midday, he asked his secretary to call Salah Loretti because today was the day when he wanted to make everything clear. He had so many questions and it would only complicate things if he let them remain hanging in the air. After an hour and a half Salah arrived at his office as his secretary told him. He told her to call his brother in.

Salah knocked on the door before opening it and came to sit on the chair in front of his brother, only a mahogany desk separating them.

"You called me?" He fidgeted in his seat, a clear sign showing how uncomfortable he was. He never thought they could ever be uncomfortable with each other, they were brothers after all.

"I did." Xander nodded stiffly.

"What did you want?" Salah asked.

"All this havoc outside my office and around myself and my wife is because of you Salah. The paparazzi are going wild." Xander ground his teeth and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. He noticed how Salah's jaw ticked at the mention of Sofia. What could he do about that? Nothing. He only stated the truth. Salah's eyes snapped towards Xander and the way he looked at him could only be described as a fierce glare.