3.3

Xander was stunned to silence. The expressions on his face were stupefied as he stared at Sofia as she clung to him. The situation could mean two things, One; she believed what he told her and two; this was a goodbye hug. Okay, second one sounded stupid even to his own ears. 

He just wanted Sofia to explain what the heck was going on in her mind because she had started to become bipolar. Her emotions weren't this strange before but now she had started behaving bizarrely and that somehow irked him. The only woman allowed to be bipolar should be the one who's pregnant not Sofia.

Pregnant.

What if... what if Sofia was that. A whoosh of air left Xander's mouth as panic seized him. His heartbeat increased as he totally blocked out the present situation from his mind and started thinking about all the possible scenarios in his mind. He was horrified at the mere thought of Sofia being pregnant. He would go crazy just by thinking about it. 

She couldn't not be pregnant. It'd just been two days. He wasn't ready and he would never be ready because he had never thought about children. He knew that it was the most inappropriate time to think about such things but he couldn't help it. The first thing that he needed to make sure was that Sofia wasn't pregnant.

And what if she is?

He didn't want to think about it. He pushed his conscience at the back of his mind, blocking out the rational thinking because all he could think about was the word 'No'. He didn't want her to bear a child and his readiness didn't even come in to this. It wasn't about him being ready, it was altogether a big fat 'No'.

He dismissed his thoughts as he didn't want to freak both of them out. First he needed to make sure what was going on in Sofia's mind as she had been quiet for past ten minutes now with her face buried in his chest. Was she dead?

Xander rolled his eyes at the idiotic thought and looked down at her. He grasped her shoulder lightly in his hand and pulled her back. He guessed that was all that Sofia needed; a little push because she started rambling as soon as he was able to see her face,

"I believe you and no I am not leaving you because I can't." She tucked her wild hair behind her ear as she fiddled with the button of his shirt as she sat on the bed by his side at an awkward angle, "I believe whatever you told me and I know that we both are difficult people and misunderstand each other most of the times. But Xander I want to fix it, I want to make everything right because I and you, both have made mistakes. I am not saying that I am a saint because I am not. I regret running away every single time and I have no excuse for that except for this that I am a coward. I chickened out and my thoughts were exactly the same." She bit her lip and exhaled heavily as she looked at him with her mascara coated lashes.

Xander opened his mouth to say something but she shook her head, telling him to stop because she wasn't done just yet,

"No let me clear everything from my side first." She said, licking her lips. "I know I have been difficult these past few days and..." she sighed, "I talked to Salah only because you wouldn't tell me what you talked about with Soniya that night. Fine, I understand that it was her secret but you could have at least told me that but you were not being clear and then you made accusations." She frowned at him. Xander sighed, feeling repentant but didn't say anything.

"So I got angry but Salah said if I told you everything about that man then you would take it upon yourself to protect everyone and risk your life. Because you're the one who he wants and I couldn't let you risk your life, that's why I risked our relationship by keeping it a secret."

"Sofia I am not a child! I can take care of myself!" He said, feeling angry at what she was telling him. She thought she could save the world by being a hero.