3.9

Despite the terror and worry running through his veins like blood, Xander kept his cool and tried to cool off his mind. He could not panic when he had locked his wife in restroom and jumped in to the havoc that was going on in the hall. He was shocked when gunshots were heard but he had a fair idea who would have done that.

Despite so much security he still couldn't dodge what was written in fate. He was foolish to think that he could compete with mafia who had years and years of experience of hiding and tricks. He was thankful that at least Sofia was safe. He didn't need to worry about her and he trusted her to keep her word, she wouldn't open the door - he was sure of that.

Now Xander had a pistol in his hand as he ran down the hall towards the location that Salaar had indicated. He wasn't an expert in using guns but at least he could shoot without wavering. In about a minute he had reached the storage room and found Salaar who looked worried out of his mind. The small figure of Yamina was curled up against her son as she cried.

"Mom it's okay. You're safe now, come on we need to get out of here." She had been locked inside the storage room and Salaar had been successful in finding her. Yamina cried out and shook her head.

"It's not me. It's Sofia, where is she?" She asked Xander, her bloodshot eyes pleading with him to tell her something positive.

"She is also safe. We need to get all the ladies out of the hall." He told her. She cried out in relief and started thanking Allah.

"Come on mom." Salaar guided her towards the door where there were two security guards, "they will take you home. We will send Sofia and others with Xander." Salaar said kissing his mother's head. She had so many questions to ask but remained quiet and merely nodded. The guards took her away after that.

Salah came sprinting through the door with blood on his shirt, Xander's eyes widened upon seeing him but before he could worry, Salah assured him.

"One of the guards was injured." He murmured.

"Salah, I want you to go to ground floor's restrooms and search for Sofia. I have locked her there. Take her somewhere safe even if you have to take her by force. She can be stubborn at times." He told him. Salah nodded frequently and then he was out of the door. Xander turned towards Salaar who just stopped talking on phone, "Where's Ayla?" He asked. Salaar ran a hand through his hair and sighed. His hands were trembling.

"Top floor. She is safe." He nodded. Xander patted his shoulder and squeezed it. He couldn't understand what Salaar was going through, it was his whole family that was in danger.

"It's going to be okay." He offered. Salaar nodded but didn't say anything else.

"I need to check up on dad." He said. Xander nodded and he walked out of the door. Xander did not have time to ponder about things right now. He needed to be out there now when he knew that Sofia was safe with Salah. He trusted Salah.

As he sprinted upstairs, to find others and take them to safe place, he checked every possible room that he could so that he could find someone. Nobody should be hurt in any way because it was their responsibility to take care of guests. Xander opened each possible door of every room and searched for people. He didn't find anything dangerous there and most of the disturbance was on ground floor anyway. Walking across the corridor, he opened another one of the rooms. He was about to close it as usual but he didn't - couldn't.

Xander's breath whooshed out of him as he stared wide eyed at the two girls in the room. His heart pounded in his ears due to terror gripping him but the rationality took over the terror at that time. His feet worked before he could retrieve back and he ran towards the still body of Soniya in her own pool of blood.