3.8

After a few minutes, the three ladies entered the hall along with Sofia and Ayla's mother. Sofia noticed the smitten smile on Salaar's face as he gazed at his beautiful wife. And it was kind of amusing for her because when he had been out to see Ayla for the first time, he was angry and was badmouthing the poor girl. No sooner had she entered the room, he was already in love.

Sofia giggled quietly and grabbed Ayla's arm in hers as they walked towards Salaar. Everybody awaited the bride with their eyes fixed on her. When they reached the end of staircase, Salaar was already their to gather his wife's hand and placed a kiss on her head. The soft music played in the background and the applause echoed around the walls. Sofia's face hurt with all the smiling that she was doing.

"Congratulations both of you." Sofia hugged Ayla and kissed her cheek. Afterwards, did the same to her brother who was smiling like a goof. 

"Thanks." They both muttered. Sofia was forced to take a step back when Soniya stepped ahead and gushed around the couple. She didn't mind though, Ayla was Soniya's sister if Salaar was her brother. They both had the same right on the couple. Sighing, she was about to walk away when she felt a hand encasing around her waist.

Knowing all too well the owner of the hand, she smiled up at her own husband and then turned back to the couple. 

"They look happy." She muttered, leaning back in to his body. Xander placed his chin atop her head and let out a sigh.

"Hm." He hummed. Sofia looked at her mother who stood besides her son and then turned back to Xander.

"I will be back in a few." She told him. He nodded, thinking she might have spotted one of her acquaintances and let her go. Sofia made a beeline towards her mother and stood besides her. "Mom, I need to talk to you." She muttered. Yamina glance at her daughter and then frowned. She knew all too well that Sofia was upset with her, so she nodded.

"Alright, let's go." She nudged Sofia towards the back of hall where there was an abandoned hallway. It was a perfect place to talk. When they were both far away from the hustle, Sofia folded her arms over her chest and glanced at her mother.

"I hope you know what I am going to talk about." Sofia stated. Yamina looked at her timidly and then slowly nodded.

"Sofie I am so sorry..." She grasped Sofia's hand in her own, "I - I never wanted you to know horrors of my past." Her eyes glistened. Sofia pulled her hand out of the grip and shook her head sadly.

"Mom that man is after me and up until now I had no idea that he existed." Sofia stated, calmly.

"I know. I never thought he would be so crazy to... to want you." Yamina sniffed, wiping her eyes. "I am sorry for putting you in a situation like this." She cried, sobbing in her hands. "I am so sorry..."

"Mom..." Sofia softened and moved closer to her mother. It was not her fault that a crazy man had a scheme planned for their future. "Please don't cry." She said, hugging her mother. Yamina hugged her child back and sniffed.

"It's just so di-" The sound of glass shattering was enough to make both women jump back. Sofia glanced at the broken glass of the window in utter horror and then at her mother. Yamina, who apparently had understood the situation perhaps grabbed Sofia's arm harshly and pushed her towards the door which lead to the hall. "Go!" She hissed. Sofia was still confused and opened her mouth to ask why but the words got stuck in her throat when a man grabbed her mother's arms and dragged her back.

Sofia screamed and lunged for the man but obviously he was strong. Sofia's breathing picked up in utter panic as shock gripped her veins, 

"Run!" Her mother screamed as she struggled in the man's grip who was dead set on dragging her somewhere. Sofia's first instinct was to fight back but she knew she was weak and could not fight against the man. "Go!" The shrill voice of her mother startled her and she looked over her shoulder to see silhouette of three men.