2. 7

Next morning as Sofia sat around of breakfast table, she picked the cereal in the bowl as a frown tugged her lips downwards. Last night she had slept before even Xander could enter the room. She didn't know how to face him. One; she could not tell him anything like Salah had said and two; she wanted to and when she couldn't, that was drawing Xander away from her. She didn't know what to do.

Sofia heard footsteps approaching the table and soon after that, Xander's scent invaded her nostrils as he sat on the chair opposite to her. He had still been sleeping when she woke up, besides him. 

"Salam Alykum." He greeted as Mrs. Gilbert served him two pancakes with syrup on it with two side strawberries and some bananas. Sofia inwardly smiled at his choice of breakfast, he said he had diabetes and look at him now.

"Wasalam. Is it sugar free?" She pointed at his plate. Xander looked at the plate and then back to Sofia and smiled softly. 

"Yes, the syrup is sugar free but not the fruit." He grinned. Sofia smiled back and actually put a spoon full of cereal in her mouth.

"I heard bananas are bad for diabetes patients." She sipped her milk as she directed the question at him. Xander fidgeted in his seat and gave her a one-shoulder shrug.

"They are and I don't eat them often." He stabbed his fork in to the sliced banana and quickly placed it in his mouth before Sofia could stop him.

"What if your sugar sky-rocketed?" Sofia smirked. He placed another slice of banana in his mouth and smiled.

"I have insulin for that purpose." Another fork, another and then another. Sofia narrowed her eyes at him and dragged his plate away from the view. She picked up a strawberry and popped it in her mouth.

"Don't worry Xander I am not gonna stop you, eat slowly." She grinned at his cheekiness. 

"But you just did. What kind of wife does that to her husband? You didn't even let me finish my breakfast." He grumbled, wiping his mouth with a table napkin.

"Eat this. It's healthy." She slipped her own bowl of cereal in front of him and shrugged when he gave her a look.

"I don't like bossy women." He put a spoonful of colorful cereal in his mouth.

"Too bad you already like me." She poked her tongue at him. He shook his head at her childish behavior and continued eating.

"That I do." He nodded, "Are you going to college today?" He asked, lifting his eyes towards her. Sofia was done with his pancakes and wiped her lips with napkin. 

"Yes I am." She nodded, taking out a pink - or was that purple? lipstick from her purse and she used the screen of her phone as mirror and applied it on her lips. 

"You sure you're going to college or is there a fashion show?" He teased, mindlessly moving his spoon in the bowl.

"Ha ha Xander you're such a mom." She capped the thing and placed it in her bag. "A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do." She shrugged. Xander smiled and shook his head. 

"What's the use of applying lipstick when I am just going to remove it?" He smirked at her. Sofia gave him a weird look but when she grasped his meaning she blushed bright red and smiled shyly.

"Shut up." He chuckled and ate his breakfast.

"You will be back by two right?" He asked, when she nodded he continued, "There is a charity auction that I have to attend tonight. You have to come with me." He informed her. Sofia frowned at him and looked at her wedding band absentmindedly. She had to meet with Salah tonight and it was important. Sure, the charity event didn't demand her presence that much, right?