1.8

Sofia's pen moved rapidly on the sheet leaving small curves of words that ink created. Her eyes flickered towards her laptop and then to her sheet as her pen moved. Her eyebrows were scrunched together in concentration. Economics was not her thing and she sucked at it that's why the website was being useful to her. But there were still some graphs that were too complicated for her to understand all by herself. Sigh! Only if she didn't sleep during the lecture.

Lying on her stomach, she kept writing off whatever the computer showed with her legs dangling in the air. She heard the faint yet firm knock of someone's knuckles against the door and that someone could only be one person. Last time she saw Xander was this morning before he left for office. It had been a full week after their visit to beach and the reporters had cooled off about the issue of their marriage.  

Sofia sat straight and mumbled a small 'come in'. Xander opened the door and walked inside her room with a blank face. He was still wearing white dress shirt and gray pants so that meant he just came back from office. But why was he so late today? It was almost midnight.

"Salam." Sofia gave him a smile and moved her books to make some space for him on the bed. He didn't answer her, which was rude and just nodded. Sitting on the edge of the bed he glanced at her books and all the things spread in front of her.

"What are you doing?" He asked, picking up a sheet that showed red and blue colored graphs and explanation regarding to it. Sofia ignored the nagging feeling that he was upset and decided to answer him.

"Economics. I don't understand it at all..." she rubbed her eyes tiredly and glanced at him.

"Why? Have you been sleeping during classes?" He asked as amusement glittered in his eyes. Sofia blushed and gave him a sheepish smile.

"You did Masters in business. I am sure you can help me." She grabbed the sheet from him and started reading it. She didn't mean it but when he sighed and turned the laptop towards himself, she knew he was gonna help her.

"Sure! What's the topic?" He inquired. Sofia sat on her knees and leaned over to take a look at the laptop.

"I don't understand what causes change in aggregate supply." She frowned at the screen. Xander turned his face and gazed her her before going back to screen.

"Give me a pen and paper." He told her. Sofia did so and sat besides him as he placed the notepad on his lap.

"We have many factors that will cause change in aggregate supply and those are..." He scribbled on the paper, "Subsidies, resources taxes, prices of resources..." He went on as Sofia occasionally nodded and threw a question here and there. After an hour they were done with the topic and Sofia had to admit that he was really good at lecturing. She smiled and drew the graph that he showed her and looked at him with a grin.

"Thank you." She said in gratitude.

"You don't need to thank me. Just ask away if you have problems." He gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Oh I am sorry. Did you need something? I completely distracted you..." She chuckled. 

"Actually I did..." He trailed off, removing his eyes from her face. Sofia frowned and asked him.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" She asked, concerned. Xander gave her a side glance and then swallowed.

"We never talked about Salah." He said firmly. Sofia's heart sped up its pace and she became nervous. Were they back at the topic once again? 

"What is there to talk about?" She retrieved back in her shell and hid her emotions from him.

"Everything." He spoke softly, turning his eyes towards her. "Everything Sofia..."