2.3

Sofia switched on her phone and it instantly started buzzing with messages and notifications. She was sick of her friends calling her and asking what was going on in her life. As if the paparazzi weren't enough to make her life living hell. She felt so sad and her emotions were all over the place. She just needed break from all the drama in her life. She just wished  Xander would take her away for maybe some days? But she wouldn't tell him what she wished besides they weren't on best terms with each other - right now.

He just had to take ten steps back whenever she tried taking their relationship two steps ahead. Sofia was aware that Xander had a strong control over his temper and he never lost it easily. He wasn't arrogant or conceited in nature but sometimes he let those characteristics rule his actions and that ruined everything. Sofia didn't want or need him to apologize for being rude, she just wanted him to regret his actions. She wanted to spend a good life with him.  
Sighing, she threw her phone on the bed and walked out of her room. Xander had a small library in the mansion. She wouldn't say that he had specifically built it for her but she was more than happy to occupy her time in library till he came back home. Once he came back, she would make coffee for both of them and enjoy the cold winter night standing on the balcony and staring at the city lights. How poetic Sofia!

Smiling, she shook her head and opened up 'if tomorrow comes' by Sidney Sheldon. Him and Dan Brown were her favorite writers. People usually gave her a look when she said she didn't like Shakespeare but frankly, Sofia never understood his concepts - no offense. The man was way too romantic for her liking. 

Half an hour in to the book reading and someone decided to disturb her. Sofia jumped when a knock sounded on door because she was so engrossed in the book. She closed the book and placed a hand over her heart before letting out a sigh of relief. Getting up from the couch she walked towards the door and opened it.

"Hi Toni." She greeted their butler who stood in front of her with his hands crossed on his belly.

"Ms. Sofia, Xander is waiting for you outside." Sofia frowned. Waiting for her outside? What did that mean?

"Is he downstairs?" She asked. She was in her woolen pyjamas and a large sized jersey.

"No Ms. Sofia he's waiting for you in the car." Sofia's eyes widened as she stared at the old man. He had got to be kidding!

"Tell him to wait for a few minutes." Xander was totally crazy. He was waiting for her in the car when she was not properly dressed. He could've called her that he was on his way. Sighing she walked past the old man and walked inside her own room. She took out leather jeans and matched it with a peach colored sweater with black boots. It took her fifteen minutes to fully get dressed, comb her hair and apply winged liner - it was an important part okay.

She grabbed her hand bag, wore her gloves and ran out of the house. The cold air nipped at the skin of her cheeks and nose making her shudder. She saw her husband sitting in the car talking to someone on phone. She rolled her eyes, he was always on phone - never gave himself a break. As Sofia reached the car she opened the door of the passenger's seat and was about to sit when she noticed that the seat in fact was not empty.

She got Xander's attention as she picked up the huge bouquet of red and white roses and sniffed them. A huge smile lit up her face as she bit down her lower lip and looked at him through her lashes. Xander had softest of the smiles on his lips as he watched her. Sofia picked the petals of delicate flowers and sniffed once again. She climbed up the seat and closed the door before placing the flowers on her lap.

"Are these for me?" She didn't know how to start a conversation when she was blushing so hard. Why was she blushing? Get a grip girl!  Xander reversed the car and sped out of the parking. His shoulders lifted as he shrugged and gave her a sideways glance.