Judgment

Disclaimer: Pictures and videos are NOT mine!! I own only my story and characters.

She felt a stinging pain. Surprised, her eyes snapped open and she let out a quick yelp, then gritted her teeth and mouth shut trying to hold back from screaming out in pain.

Once the pain subsided, she looked towards the familiar man. 'So he did help me' she thought. She knew she had to thank him, as she opened her mouth to speak her father's voiced boomed, but only to her ears did his voice boom.

"You have once again disobeyed me!" The waves around the girl started to shake like a storm.

"Please forgive me Father!" She pleaded; creating a salted, frosted top for her to kneel. The people on the shore hearing her plea became curious to whom she was talking to. They now looked toward where she and the man were.

"Child! Our child! Our daughter....I will not pardon you for your sins of carelessness like your uncle! Curse him for creating such...devastations!"

"Father, Father please show pity! I'm sorry that I disobeyed you...please forgive me!"

"No! I have decided...your voice shall be stripped slowly away from you! Let the healing tears that stream down your face be turned to naught but crimson blood!........Since you desire to be with the humans, let it be so that you remain in this human form you so love!"

To the beings of the sea, land, and sky, this may not seem like a harsh punishment. Not being able to return to her form of the Sea.....her father has taken away from her person, her identity, her very being!

"The mercy I will show you will be that I allow you to keep you voice for a small time more."

Brimming tears spilled over uncontrollably, and as promised, the tears that ran down her face turned to blood. As the tears fell from her face they turned to their normal clear state.

The man looked at the girl and waited patiently. Before, she seemed like she wanted to say something to him. He could wait for her to calm down a bit.

When she did calm herself the blood tears dried clear, and she returned her focus on the man.

"Thank you for helping me and....I apologize for showing you all such a state," giving a small sniffle as she said this.

"Uhh no, it's fine." He stared at the girl.
'How embarrassing! To show myself, disheveled in front of a person that doesn't remember me, and considers me more of a stranger!'

"What is my savior's name?"

"Shanks. Ya know, you look really familiar." After staring at the girl, trying to remember who she was, it clicked, "Oh yeah you sailed with us! Sailing with Cap gave me the idea to assemble my own crew. The people you see behind are all part of my crew!" He said with a large, prideful, carefree smile.

Dumbfounded, the girl stared at Shanks; surprised from his sudden outburst of realization. 'What a carefree attitude this man had,' she decided.

"Yes, I traveled along with Roger for most of his time as a pirate, and it was the best time I have ever had in all my existence." Moving on the the fact that he had save her, she spoke, "I see that your left arm has been taken away from you. Shall I return your arm to you?"

The people on the shore shot down their partying and silence filled the air around the whole island. The men that partied on the shore looked towards the girl and their captain. As the girl was slowly experiencing being the heart of this uncomfortable silence, she started to regret what she asked. 'Did the topic of the Shanks' arm offend him and his crew?'

"Dahahahaha!!" Laughter? The people on the shore also started laughing along with their captain. Catching his breath he wheezed out, "Sorry, sorry, but I don't want this arm returned to me." He looked down towards the nonexistent arm nostalgically," I lost this arm with a promise to a friend."

"So be it then." Thinking thoughtfully, she tried to think of another way to thank him. "Then, I give you my greatest blessings! As you travel along my Sea let it be that your travels are safe." In her kneeling state she reached down and kissed him on the forehead as to seal the promise she made. The people on the shore stared with wide eyes at what the girl had just done.

As soon as she leaned back, the sky clashed with loud thunder without a storm. Her mother was calling her.

"It seems that I must leave." Standing on the salted top she bowed deeply to the man. "I bid you farewell and give you my gratitude." She stood up and walked on the salt frosted ocean top away from the island.

Watching the newly acquainted Sea Princess walk away from the island they heard a hypnotic, soothing melody from the girl. The notes she sang entwined with sadness.

Looking up at the sky again, she saw quick flashes of light.
                                  • • •

When she reached the sky, her mother's voice flowed sternly.

"Your father is upset....How could you be so careless?!" Looking down, the Sea Princess grabbed her dress knowing that now both her parents were angered at her.

"Mother, I understand that the world is dangerous, but I can see the good in humans! It was just a mistake I made! I didn't know it would end up like this. Please Mother, listen to me...."

Pacing back and forth her mother spat out, "Enough! This act of stupidity is just like the time with your uncle!"

The Princess gritted out, "Mother, what happened with Uncle does not intertwine with the current situation!" Giving a sigh her mother spoke,

"Even so, we have told you to simply be careful, but it seems that you can't listen to these words.....Leave my skies. I must speak to your father about this."

-1st person POV-

She turned and gave a swift hand motion towards me. I soon felt a heavy pressure on my chest, tears slowly glided down my face.

"Mother! Mother, please listen!" Feeling my consciousness fading, darkness welcomed me. The last thing I saw through my eyes was Mother walking away from me.

                                   • • •
-Flashback-

A young Sea princess walked towards a strange tall man who was working on something.

"Whatcha doing?" The young Princess asked.

"Shahaha, dear I'm creating a very special fruit."

"A special fruit?" The young princess asked curiously.

"Yes, a fruit that gives the person who eats it special powers. Would you like to create one?"

"Yeah!"

--------------------------------------------------------------
To the reader of my story, Thank You!!!!! Thank you all for a hundred reads in my story!! Thank you for all the readers who gave my story a chance. I know compared to other stories a hundred is nothing, but to me, a hundred is enough to me!! Also, I've been wondering...and pondering...should I make this a CharacterXOC fanfic?
—iLoVeBrEaK