Celebration and Suprises

Disclaimer: Pictures and videos are NOT mine!! I own only my story and characters.

It's been two weeks since the Sea Princess answered Whitebeard's offer and agreed to join the crew. Looking back on that night she agreed, she realized everything happened quickly. She was surprised by two things that happened during that night.

The first:

It was a bright starry night and the celebration was just beginning. The Sea Princess was drinking alongside Marco; the both of them making idle conversation.

Synchronized footsteps broke their chitchat and the both of them looked at the men who presented themselves. They were composed of the men who were ridiculing the Sea Princess the night before. Almost mechanically the men got into one straight line and she looked at them with curiosity. Marco simply smirked at the sight. In one voice they spoke, well more like strongly declared:

"We sincerely apologize for our behavior yesterday!" 

This sudden apology came as a surprise to the two of them. Marco couldn't help but think at this interesting sight.

'Oh?' Marco turned towards the Sea Princess and gave a small chuckle at how her mouth was slightly agape. "What are you gonna do about their apology-yoi?" She continued to stare at the men and Marco was wondering if she had even heard him.

"Uh..well..I'm not sure what I'm even supposed to forgive them for. Did they do something wrong?" One of the men gingerly stepped forward and spoke.

"Eheh well, y'know since you'll be joining it's probably best for us to get along. So uh we're apologizing for yesterday." Looking to the side, the Sea Princess still didn't understand. She was having an interesting conversation with Marco before so giving a sheepish smile she just played along.

"I accept your apology...whatever it's for so you all don't uh have to be so stiff with me since I'm part of the crew now.."

"Thank you very much!" They all bowed as one then turned away. The Sea Princess and Marco watched as the men walked back to their different groups. They looked satisfied and more lighter somehow.

"Do you really not know what they were apologizing for-yoi?" She looked up with a blank face and brows that were still furrowed from confusion.

"Nope. Not a clue. If it was something bad they did, then I'm glad they apologized, but I didn't really catch anything."

'Well, guess she didn't hear what they said. She was too emotional from seeing Oyaji again.' Marco wondered if the girl had even realized that she was crying blood.

It was strange. Her tears looked like blood, but they dropped down and dried clear. He had checked this morning and there wasn't any blood nor stains on the deck. Looking down to the girl he spoke, "Hey, It's your welcome party-yoi. Why don't we go drink."

This was a party after all, and Marco just gave her an invitation.

"Yeah!"

The second:

After that surprise, the night continued on smoothly. She hadn't realized when it happened, but somehow the Sea Princess separated from the group she was originally in and moved to another small circle.

In this new group, the men here were attempting to teach her a card game.

• • •

"No, no this card is something that can get you to win the entire game if played right. You don't want to get rid of this one."

"That's right this is the card that's total garbage."

"Hmm I think I understand." The Sea Princess looked down at the cards she held and when it was her turn she through of all the advice the others gave her.

It had been five games and she simply was not getting the game. She lost all the five games they played. The men were all comically slumped with fatigue. They had continuously explained the rules and what each card does, but she still lost.

"Miss Sea Princess it's been five games already. Do you really still not understand?"

"Hehe I guess I still don't get the hang of it. Thank you for trying to teach me though."

After a few more card games and more failed attempts to teach the Sea Princess, the group had moved on to chatting and drinking. Following some good laughs amongst the group, a sudden change in the conversation caught her attention.

"Hey hey Miss Sea Princess, y'know *hic* even though you just recently joined *hic* word about you has spread real quick." She looked at the drunken man with a raised eyebrow and an amused smile.

"Heh, really?" She took a swig from her cup and another spoke.

"Yeah that's right! You've yourself a strange name young lady." He pauses to chug down the rest of what was in his cup. "To the people that weren't on the deck, you're called 'The girl who fell from the sky'. I wasn't there personally, but people have said when you came down, you were bright. Apparently you looked like you were on fire...ain't that something?"

"...The girl who fell from the sky, huh. But I'm not a being from the sky. I'm a being of the sea." Light pink was dusted across the Sea Princess' face. The name given to her from what she was known for surprised her. No one had ever associated her with the sky. Well, there aren't many who really know who she is.

• • •

The celebration slowly calmed down and people were returning to their cabins. The Sea Princess had found her way back to Marco.

"Did you enjoy yourself-yoi?"

"Yeah, tonight's been very fun. Thank you."

"Yoou're welcomee!" An arm hooked around her shoulders. Looking a little to her left she saw a familiar pompadour and bright eyes.

"Why're you acting like you planned the whole entire party-yoi?" Marco crossed his arms in a mock manner and his mouth twitched upwards. Thatch let go of the Sea Princess' shoulders. She looked up to Thatch whose eyes were twitching.

"Hahh? What? You wanna go you blue chicken?!"

After a few seconds of the two glaring with lightning starting to appear the two bursted in laughter.

"Alrighty it's time for me to go on night watch! I'll see you later Miss Sea Princess!"

"Goodnight Thatch." The two watched Thatch as he headed up. She looked at Marco and smiled, unable to hold her laughter. "So blue chicken, huh?"
Marco rolled his eyes and put a hand on the Sea Princess' shoulder.

"Don't mention it-yoi. Come on, I'll show you to your room."

"I have my own room?" Whitebeard has an extremely large crew compared to a typical pirate crew, or even compared to the marines'  Man O' War. She had thought that she'd either sleep on the deck or with other crew-mates.

"Yeah you have your own room-yoi. Other than the nurses you're the first female to join the Whitebeard Pirates."  Her room wasn't too far from the deck, but that didn't change the fact that they had taken many twists and turns. "Your room is next to he other commanders' rooms. If you need me for anything I'll be close-yoi." 

"Alright." Her room was small, but it'd be comfortable. There were two bookcases on either side, a desk pushed to the left side, a porthole, and a bed. The Sea Princess didn't do much sleeping, so she decided to pass time by reading. Picking a book, she smiled to herself. This place is where she would belong from now on.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hello dear readers! This was a pretty much a filler chapter but I wanted to add a bit of character to the Whitebeards. Thank you for staying with my gross writing and my rare updates (thanks college)! Also thank you all sooo sooo much for the comments and votes!! Love to you all!!
—iLoVeBrEaK