Chapter 16 - Ready?

"I'm guessing you are Simon, Miss Hobson's partner?" The nurse asked and I nodded. We stopped in front of a door and she looked at me. "The doctor will be with you shortly to tell you and Sammie what's happening. Sammie is currently sleep dude to the medicine we gave her previously. She should be awake soon." The nurse told me and I nodded.

She opened the door for me and I walked in. She closed the door after I walked in and I looked at Sammie. One of her legs was in a cast, as well as one if her arms. She had a big plaster on the left of her forehead and I neck brace on. She was peacefully asleep. My heart hurts when I saw all the damage the car did to her.

I sat down in the chair that was next to her bed. I took hold of her good hand and intertwined our fingers. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. "You probably can't her me Sammie, but I'm so sorry that you were in this accident. I can't believe this happened to someone has beautiful as you. I hope you don't feel so much pain, I don't want to see you in pain." I held her hand tightly as I stood up.

"Please be alright." I whispered, as I got close to her face. I placed a kiss on her forehead, moving her fingers out the way first. "I don't want to see the person I love hurt.." I whispered, sitting back down. I admired her beauty, even though she has been injured, she still looks beautiful as ever. The door opened and the doctor walked in.

He smiled at me and closed the door. "You must be Simon Minter?" He asked and I nodded. "Right," He said as he flipped over a page on his clipboard. "I'm sure you are aware that Mrs Hobson has been in a car crash?" I nodded, looking at Sammie. "She is lucky enough to be alive. Her leg and arm isn't broken surprisingly, yet she fractured them slightly so these casts will be on for 2 weeks. Her head hit the broken window, but it wasn't that critical, it will heal up within a couple of days. She has no cracked ribs or anything, she is a very lucky girl.

I'm going to go get her medication. The group of people in the waiting room can come and visit her now. And once she's awake, which should be in a couple of minutes or so. She can leave." The doctor told me. "Thank you." I replied. The doctor nodded and reached for the door. "Hold in a minute doctor." I said and the doctor turned around. "Weird question to ask, but how did you know that the group in the waiting room is coming to see Sammie?" I question.

"Well you are wearing the same iconic top the other gentlemen are wearing, plus my 2 kids love watching you guys as well as the girls, so I gathered who you were." The doctor said and I smiled. "Well that's adorable. Here, give them this, as a thank you. For you helping Sammie and for them being great people." I told him, grabbing something at my pocket. I gave him 2 of my SDMN wristbands that were in my pocket. "That's very generous, but these are yours. I can't just take them." The doctor declined. "But I insist. Please take them." I insisted and the doctor took them out my hand. "Thank you." The doctor beamed and left the room.

"Sam, I'm going to get the others. They really want to see you." I told her, letting go of her hand. I could feel the warmth from her hand leave mine. I left the room and walked to the waiting room. They all looked at me as I walked in. "You can all see her." I told them and they made their way to he room, myself leading them to her room.

I opened the door and walked in, sitting in the seat again, and grabbing hold of her hand again. "Do you know what's wrong with her?" Taylor asked. "She has fractured her leg and arm, they should heal within 2 weeks. She hit her head during the crash but its not that critical. She is under medication right now which makes her drowsy. The doctor just went to get her medication and that once she wakes up, we can leave." I said.

"We need one of you girls to make sure she gets rest, doesn't leave the house to exercise or anything. She needs to be under supervision until she feels better." I add. "Will she be alright for the football match, or will we have to reschedule?" Skye asked. "Well the match is in 3 weeks time, I'm guessing she'll be alright by then, hopefully." Vik replied.

I heard the door open. We all looked at the door and saw the doctor. He smiled at everyone and walked towards me, a bag in hand. "Here is her medicine. Once a day." He said. He looked at Sammie and he furrowed his eyebrows. "What is it doctor?" JJ asked, noticing his facial expression change. "Well she was meant to be awake by now?" He says, whilst looking at his watch.

He walked to Sammie and examined her. "Miss Hobson, can you hear me?" He asked. Silence. "Miss Hobson?" He asked again. I could feel her grip get tighter on my hand. I wince slightly at how hard her grip was. "She is holding my hand so tight." I announced. Suddenly she starts shaking like mad. She let's go off my hand and the doctor hits a button. Multiple nurse barge in, escorting us out. "Dude come on." JJ said, grabbing my arm and pulling me out. The door closed and I felt multiple tears fall down my face. I hugged JJ and let out a sob. "What is happening?" I asked, in between sobs.

"I don't know man."