Ch.12

In Chemistry Class

In Chemistry Class

Evie and her classmates were taking a tough multipage test.

Chad tried to cheat off another student, who blocked his view. Evie frowned at a hard problem. She gave up and reached for the mirror in her purse.

But it wasn't there.

Mr. Delay said "Looking for something?" as he hold up her mirror.

Evie gasped, speechless.

Mr. Delay while resting a hand on Chad's shoulder, "Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code."

Chad looked at her smugly.

Evie glared at him.

Mr. Delay rounded on Evie and said "It will be my recommendation that you are expelled."

Rick stood beside her in protest and said "That isn't fair! Obviously she wasn't cheating, since she didn't have that...bloody mirror."

Evie said "It's called a magic mirror-----"

Rick whispered to her, "Not helping."

Evie said "Okay, sorry." as she bowed her head.

Rick said "Maybe she needed another pencil," as he told the teacher.

Evie started "Actually, I was-----"

Rick said "Really, don't help." then, he turned to the teacher and continued "Please."

Evie said "Please." as she looked up at Mr. Delay.

Mr. Delay said "Well, if you pass this test, I'll return your property and let the matter drop."

Evie smiled and Rick sighed.

Chad smiled meanly at her.

She smiled right back at him.

A little while later, Evie ran up to Rick, who was at a picnic table outside doing his homework and playing his demon-like chess

A little while later, Evie ran up to Rick, who was at a picnic table outside doing his homework and playing his demon-like chess. She placed her blue Auradon Prep examination booklet in front of him. There was a red "B+" at the top of the booklet.

Evie said "For the first time, it's like I'm more than just a pretty face."

Rick laughed and said with a warm smile, "Shocker, huh?"

Evie took a seat beside him and said "You were pretty great in there."

Rick grinned dopily and said "So were you, princess."

Evie beamed and said "I bet I can get an A on the next test without the mirror."

Rick said nervously, "M-maybe we can get together and hang out sometimes." as he put a hand on the back of his neck.

Evie said "Yeah, let's get together." while she blushed and put her hand on his.

Mal, Ash, and Lena apppeared beside them. Ash said "There you are, Evie!" Lena went beside her and said "Mal is in a big problem."

Evie asked "What's wrong?"

Mal slammed her hands down on the picnic table and said "Ben just asked me out on"----Mal huffed----"a date!"

Evie and Rick chuckled.

Evie told her with a devious smile, "We can handle this." She looked at Rick and said"Bye!" as she kissed him on the cheek. She stood up and turned to Mal. She continued "You're looking a little pale." Lena said "But I can fix that with a lip gloss ." Ash stood beside them and said "Also some blush-----"

Mal said "No, no,no..." as the four girls headed back to their dorm.

Before Mal knew it, she was seated on her bed in the dorm room as Evie applied blush to her cheeks, making them rosy

Before Mal knew it, she was seated on her bed in the dorm room as Evie applied blush to her cheeks, making them rosy. She was dressed for her date in a terrific mix of punk and princess, with a scarf, dress, and leather jacket. Ash and Lena are busy on what lipstick should Mal put.

Mal said "Okay! Easy on the blush! I don't want scare him away." Ske looked thoughtful and smiled. She added "Not that I could."

Evie said "Please, mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes." as she carefully finished applying the color.

Mal said "My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had sisters."

Ash added "Well, now you do." with a warm smile. Lena dabbed red lipstick on Mal's lips. Evie said "We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White."

Mal asked "Are the three of you afraid of your moms?"

Evie said "Sometimes." 

Lena answered "A little when you get on her "bad" side."

Ash looked a little offended and said "I won't know since I didn't have one."

Mal saw the depression on Ash's face and said "Sorry Ash, I didn't mean to offend you."

Ash said "It's okay. Anyways, are you afraid of your mom?"

Mal said "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And, yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me...in her own way."

Evie took her hand and smiled, then said "Moving on, come see."

Mal asked "Are we done?"

Lena said "Yeah." as Evie led Mal to the mirror.

Mal looked at herself and laughed.

Evie hugged her and said "I know."

Mal said "I look..."

lena said "Say it."

Mal said "Not hideous."

Ash said "Not even close." as she shake her head and beamed.

Mal giggled and broke into a radiant smile.

Just then, there was knock at the door.