A Deadly Wish

Nick Stone

We're here. Dad says not to burn the house down. :* -A

I sighed upon reading my sister's text. Should I tell her about Charlie?

That Raven! She should have just
followed our deal. But she can't seem to stop flirting with others, with Ashley, and it feels like she's doing it on purpose.

My sister will also hate me if she learned I scared her girlfriend off.

Argh, why don't she just die? Like having a lightning struck her or something. Or a car hitting her on her freaking bike! My life will be peaceful without her.

I gulped down another mouthful of beer. The party's going harder, yet I'm here on the corner, brooding over Charlie, when my main goal of being here is kick her out my mind.

"You probably should stop now, Nick. You're driving, right?" Kenneth asked me. I saw a red lipstick stain on his right cheek, but ignored it anyway.

"Yeah, right. I should go." I said, standing up and swaying a bit. He immediately steadied me.

"I don't think you should be driving. I'd get you home-"

"I'm fine. Just make sure to get Jake and the team out in case the cops comes here."

I left Kenneth, deciding not to show myself to Dustin. That bastard will just stop me from going.

I rested for a moment on my car, leaning my head on the wheel. I must have drank too much. I should drive carefully, or else I'd find myself behind bars. I don't think my father will like bailing me out, he'd probably let me rot there till the end of my sentence.

My father works in a private security agency. Beneath his warm smiles and easygoing attitude lies a stern man, who won't let any of his children off the hook if he saw fit that they deserve it.

After a moment I eased out of the parking lot and head home. It's a good thing that it's already past ten, and no one seems to drive around this time.

I was enjoying the soft breeze coming in from my window when I saw a flash of white darted from nowhere. It head straight my way and it was too late when I pressed on the brake. I hit it and it seemed to fly a few feet before landing with a crunch on the ground.

"What the fuck?!"

I scrambled down my car and ran to the person I've hit. Dread filled me, along with guilt and shock.

So much for wishful thinking.

Charlie Raven lies bleeding and motionless on the ground.

---

Charlie Raven

After Nick kicked me out of Dustin's party, I decided to go to the park near the area. I bought ice cream on a small tub with me and sat on the swing.

I could still remember Nick's furious face at me and his words. I felt tears stream down my cheeks as I eat the chocolate ice cream, hiccuping uncontrollably.

I really wish Allie is with me now, or Devin. I wish Nick wasn't mad at me. I wish I could get another helping of Mr. Stone's special lasagna.

I wish I'm not scared, and that I'm a normal teenager not hiding from the rest of the world.

"Damn period hormones." I grumbled, putting another spoonful of chocolate goodness in my mouth.

I shouldn't care about what Nick said, Allie won't let him separate us anyway. But it still stung, I can't maintain a brave face after his statement about what he felt towards me. I felt like a piece of shit stuck under his shoe that he has to endure dealing with.

I sighed. I felt like that most of the time with my parents, my mother most specially. Her cool demeanor and uncaring attitude towards me hardened me to be uncaring about others too.

Well, not Allie. She's sweet and nice to me.

I decided to send her a text. Saying I miss her and that I'd see her on Monday. I also sent Devin a text.

Bike was broken. Need a mechanic. -CC

I can just imagine his eyes bulging out of their sockets once he read this. He loves motorbikes and luxury cars. He will ream me up on this and know that I broke the thing purposefully out of spitefulness.

I felt a lot better with that one mischief done.

I continued eating my ice cream, humming to myself. I don't know what it is that alerted me, if it's the stillness in the air, the silence of the night or something else, like my experience.

I know when I'm being watched.

Run.

I stiffened, trying hard not to give in to the temptation of running right away. It will only inform the one looking at me that I'm aware of their presence.

It might be nothing anyway.

I resisted looking around, my heart pumping with fear and anxiety. I continued with what I'm doing, then after a minute stood up and walked casually to the nearest garbage bin, depositing the ice cream but kept the thin metal spoon.

I walked out of the park, seeming intent on my phone but actually sending another message to Devin.

Being watched. Call me. -CC

I shoved the phone back to my jacket's pocket, 911 already punched and ready for dial.

I had rounded on the set of seesaw when a figure rammed me from behind.

I was knocked flat on my stomach. He straddled my back with his heavy thighs, clutching my hair back. I could smell his minty breath.

Damn.

I continued to struggle beneath him, until he landed a punch on my face. I felt my cheekbone went crack with the force, I almost passed out.

No! I can't pass out!

I gritted my teeth. They can't take me away again and torture me. They can't hurt me again.

I squirmed beneath his weight, plunging the spoon somewhere on his face, hoping that I hit his eye. He howled and fell back, getting enough weight off me so I could stand up and run.

I ran with no particular destination in mind, my adrenaline fueling my wanting to escape. I can't go back to my apartment. Allie's gone.

Dammit.

I searched for the phone in my pocket, seems like I lost it on my scuffle earlier with that man.

I opted to run on the open streets and scream help. Before I could do just that though, I saw headlights on my peripheral vision, and an impact somewhere in my middle. I was thrown forward, and I landed with a painful thud on the ground.

I think I passed out.

"Charlie?"

I felt warm hands on my face, I looked up to see arms hard with muscles. I barely saw the handsome yet worried face of my saviour.

"Rocky.."

--*

Found the perfect Charlie!
Anya Taylor-Joy from Split is awesome 💙

Photo not mine.