What Nick Is Made Of

Nick Stone

I glared at my vanilla fudge ripple ice cream, hating it because it actually tastes good. Charlie is busy digging her chocolate chip ice cream, licking at her spoon like a freaking kid.

I looked around me, noticing most of the parents looking at us with frowns on their faces. Kids also stare our way. They're probably thinking what on earth is two teenagers doing in an ice cream shop for kids.

I shifted on my teacup seat, it's too small to hold all of my butt.

"Charlie, eat fast. We have to get out of here." I whispered.

She ignored me, eating like it's her last meal. I winced when I saw the corners of her mouth stained with ice cream.

"Charlie," I gritted my teeth. "These five-year-olds are eating better and cleaner than you, wipe your freaking mouth! And would you please lower down that annoying chewing?!"

Instead of wiping the stain away, her tongue shot out and licked at the corners of her mouth. I found myself not being able to look away, the way she licked it was so damn erotic.

Maybe I should have licked it clean myself.

"You have stained your shirt, Nicky." Charlie said, looking intently at my white shirt, not having any idea about my dirty thoughts about her.

She leaned over the table and wiped at my chest with a table napkin. I felt my face go hot when I got an eyeful of her cleavage.

For a small girl, she's too sexy.

"Like what you see, Rocky?" her husky whisper curled around me, hooking my desire-fogged brain to her web of temptation.

My jaw clenched tightly, fighting the effect she knows she have on me. I noticed her smirk, the way her chocolate brown eyes sparkled with mischief and laughter. I really want to get back to her for what she's doing to me.

"Careful there, Raven." I warned her. "You don't know what I'm capable of. Yet."

She settled back in her seat, a cute little cupcake with sprinkles that unlike mine, is big enough to hold her. A soft smile is playing on her lips.

"Well then bring it on, Stone."

--*

Charlie Raven

I wrapped my arms around Nick's waist tighter. He complained about my driving, said that I'm more reckless than Alex, and that he will drive from now on.

I argued that Marco will be mad if he find out, but he said it's better to face his father's wrath than die because of my recklessness.

"Are you okay?" I heard him shout at me. He's driving in a very reasonable speed, and he's very careful.

"Yes!" I shouted back, hugging him tighter. It's not everyday that he allows me to be this close to him, let alone talk to him, so I'm taking advantage of it as much as I can.

Nick kept on driving, no comments or retorts about my advances on him. After a few minutes I noticed him slowing down. We're now in a secluded park, surrounded by trees. Nick parked the motorbike and I looked around me, awed by the magnificent trees standing majestic in front of me.

There's only few people on the beautiful wooden benches, and most of them are old people. It's peacefully calm and quiet here, with the occasional laughter of children.

I felt Nick's presence behind me, his cologne invading my nostrils. I whipped around him, a smile on my face. His eyebrows shot up, a look of surprise in his handsome face.

"I like it here!" I exclaimed. The corners of his mouth started to lift upward, but then he chose to pout and scowl down at me.

"It's just another park." he snorted, sitting down to an unoccupied bench.

"But it's so beautiful here. And calm. And fresh.." I drifted off, my mind's eye seeing another tree. A special tree.

I'll wait for you here, Princess..

"Charlie."

I looked around at Nick, his midnight blue eyes narrowed at me. I can tell that he's got a lot of things to say and ask, but like he always do, he never does.

"So you like trees." he noted. "I would never think that of you."

"What? Why?" I asked, trying not to sound offended. He made it sound like I'm incapable of loving nature.

"Well, you're a punk goth, or goth punk or whatever. You look like you don't give a damn about this kind of stuff." he shrugged.

"That's discrimination." I frowned at him. "And why would you bring me here if you don't think I'd appreciate it?"

Nick didn't answer. He just watched kids run in circles a few feet away, their laughter contagious.

I could tell that he's in deep thought, so I let him be. I looked around me, inhaling fresh air and loving the sound of leaves rustling whenever a wind passes.

"Dad used to bring us here." Nick finally said, his voice deep and serious. "He said he met Mom here. And that she loved it this place."

I gazed at Nick, his face devoid of any emotion. His eyes is still narrowed, making him look exactly like Marco.

"He kept seeing her here. Dad said she's so beautiful, and passionate. She's the most amazing person he had ever met, and no one will replace her in his heart. Ever." he continued. "But she broke his heart when she died. He was dysfunctional. He had to leave me and Alex to his sister. And I grew up thinking it's our fault he lost the only person he loved in this world."

I blinked, not knowing what to say to him. We had never talked about anything personal before, at least not when he's sober. I wonder what's going on inside his head.

"We stopped going here when Alex and I turned fifteen." he sighed. "Dad realized how much Alex look like Mom that he couldn't even look at her for the next few days without breaking down."

Nick looked at me, his dark blue eyes staring at me intensely. I wish I have my sunglasses with me. I have a sudden urge to hide behind something. But Nick demanded I leave my beloved glasses behind if I want him to come with me.

"I-I'm sure Marco loves you." I said awkwardly, patting his hand. He nodded, never leaving his eyes off me.

"I know that. Dad loves us, sometimes too much. But it's okay. He's lost so much before, his family, his wife.. He'd probably die if he lost us, too."

Nick's hand grasped mine. I felt oddly comforted by the warmth of his hand, the same way I always feel whenever he embraces me.

"Whenever I'm troubled, my feet carries me here. I will just sit here, stare at the trees, and I'll be fine again." he said. "Sometimes, I feel like she's here with me. Like my mother never left her favorite spot. And I'll feel like the world is alright again."

Nick looked around us, his eyes roaming like he's looking for something, someone. I felt his hand tighten around me.

"Are you troubled right now?" I asked, watching his face turn stony. He looked at me again, this time his eyes more intense and hard. Those beautiful deep blue ocean orbs he's got for eyes are sucking me in, drowning me to a bottomless pit.

"Yes. Very much." he admitted, his lips twisted, showing his displeasure.

I held his gaze, and slowly, his defenses melt away. His facial muscles relaxed, and his eyes are now looking at me softly. Almost tenderly. I was mesmerized by his beauty. His eyes took me to another world, where only me and him matters. I found it hard to look away.

"Charlie.."

Nick lifted my hand, brought it to his lips and kissed my knuckles softly. His wonderful eyes never left mine, and I could feel my heart starting to pound like I've run a marathon or something.

"I brought you here because I like you. And I want my mother to know that."