Golden Eyed Stranger

Charlie Raven

Why did you left me? -cc

I frowned at the text I sent to Alex. It sounds too whiny and clingy, but whatever. I was really hurt when I realized she left me all alone in the house.

Today is Friday, the rivalry game between our campus and Cornwall is probably already taking place. Nick and Alex left early, while I was still sleeping.

Sorry, Cass. Nick is super tense, don't want him placing it on you so I decided to just leave you in peace. -a

I sighed. Of course, Nick will undoubtedly put out all his frustrations on me since I'm the most blamable person when I'm in his sight. I should be thankful Alex steered me away from a bloody morning with him.

He's that nervous? Gosh, thanks, Alex. Where are you, btw? -cc

I continued to walk towards the field. There are many people heading that way, too. Maybe the game haven't started yet.

I'm not nervous, Raven. I'm actually pumped up. Watch me kill these idiots. Pirates for the win! -Stone

Wow. He texted me, albeit through Alex's phone. We didn't speak to each other the past few days since we almost- well, kissed. So it's surprising that he texted me.

And he's really exhilarated, I could tell he'll do great. Though I haven't watched him play before.

Sorry, he saw your text. I'll be on the front row, C. Dad will be there too. -a

I nodded, heading to the bleachers. I typed a quick reply to her.

Alright, see you in a bit. Kiss Rocky goodluck for me haha -cc

Now that will rile him up. I hope he won't think the ball as my head.

"Raven!"

Dustin ran towards me, leaving his team of basketball players on the bleachers. He smiled brightly at me, even winking when he saw that I was staring at him.

He's hands down gorgeous, alright. With his blonde hair and brown eyes. Let's not forget the tan, muscular body he have underneath that loose shirt and blue jeans. So who wouldn't stare at that?

Why does he like me?

"Hey, trouble." he said teasingly. "Why aren't you wearing a cheering uniform for Stone? He loves cheerleaders."

I snorted.

"Nick will probably lose the game because of me. He'll be too sick to play."

He just chuckled with me, dimples in full display. He gestured his spot on the bleachers.

"Why don't you sit with us? This will be fun, watching the Savage Stone from up here."

"No, but thank you. I'll be sitting with Alex and Mr. Stone. Though I'm quite surprised that the whole basketball team is here."

"I told them to be here, I'm captain." he said shrugging, as if that alone will explain their attendance. "Besides, the soccer team and mine are tight buddies. They supported us on our last game, even guarded us when threats were thrown our way."

"Wow, I didn't know that." I said truthfully. I knew there was a tension before the championship for the basketball team, a guy heard from the rival team that they'll do as much damage as they can.

So much for competitive sports to build children's characters.

I looked around to see if Alex or Mr. Stone is already here. A familiar profile down to the front row suddenly caught my attention.

What the fuck..

"Well, enjoy the game, Dustin." I said absently, patting him on the shoulder. My gaze is still locked on the image.

"You alright, Charlie?" Dustin asked, following my stare.

"Yeah, just fine."

With that I left him standing there and made my way to the front row. I didn't even look around when the basketball team hollered at me for ditching their captain.

I just kept my eyes trained to the man sitting on the front row, talking animatedly to Mr. Stone. I was afraid if I take my eyes off him he will disappear and I won't see him for a long time again.

"Cassandra.."

My breath was knocked out of my lungs as his intense gold liquid eyes found mine. Unlike Dustin, or even Nick for the matter, this man's virility came from being a full grown man, not from boyish charm. He's got sharp, handsome features that has got every woman, or girl student, gape at him.

"Devin."

---

Alex Stone

"Way to go, Nicolas!"

I watched my brother run across the field, kicking the ball around with deep concentration on his face. He's always like this when he's playing, all serious and giving absolutely no quarter.

That's why he's been dubbed Savage Stone.

I yelled with the whole school when he scored a goal. I could hear my father roaring beside me, bellowing encouragements to my twin.

The whole school is definitely fired up with the game, but there are two people here who totally wasn't.

I discreetly peeked at Charlie and the man sitting beside him. Their focus are on the field, but I could sense that they're not really watching the game.

"Your boy could definitely go play pro, Marco." the man, who Charlie addressed as Devin, remarked at my father. He sat comfortably on the bleacher with an arm around Charlie's back, but not touching her.

"Thanks." my father said, smiling proudly. "He might, if he wants it."

Our father has never been one to stop us from doing what we want, even though he don't like it. Like my waitressing job. He hates it, said I don't need to work, but let me be with lots of advice and warnings.

"You seem lucky with your kids." Devin observed, looking at me with those golden eyes.

Something about him calls to my memory, but I can't place what it is.

"I am." Marco said, dropping a kiss on my head, then looking out to Nick who was busy shouting orders at his team like a commander.

I watched as Devin look down at Charlie, a small sad smile on his lips. Charlie returned his gaze, and I suddenly understood.

Good God..

--*

Johnny Depp as Devin Bishop because they're both beautiful. ♥♥