Secrets

Charlie Raven

I woke up panting, clutching the sheets around me. Sweat beaded my forehead, and I swear I saw a large figure looming over me.

I was about to bolt out of the room when I felt an arm restricting me to do so. I looked down and saw a muscular arm wrapped around my waist.

Rocky.

He's fast asleep. I looked around the room, no one's there.

I relaxed. I should be getting used to these nightmares. But tonight it just seemed too real since I'd encountered yet again another life threatening experience.

I settled back to bed, oddly comforted by Nick's warmth. He snores softly and his face that is turned to me looks younger and more striking, without those scowls darkening his look.

I lay there, watching him sleep soundly. He had stayed with me and took care of me even if he hates me. Allie's right, her brother is a good guy.

I really wish I have an overprotective and possessive brother like you.

Unfortunately for me, the brother I have never cares about me, and would kill me if I so much grace him with my presence.

I sighed. I put my hand on top of Nick's arm and went back to sleep.

---

Nick Stone

I woke up feeling disoriented and stiff. The bed I'm in is too small for my large frame and I'm probably squashing the life out of the person sleeping beside me.

I yawned, looking down at Charlie who's snuggling at the crook of my neck and chest. She had her arm on my neck, while mine is rested on her well.. haunches.

I quickly took my hand off her perky bottom, but remained lying next to her. I studied her face, the bruise seems worse on broad daylight.

A frown marred Charlie's sleeping face, she groaned softly before burying her face on my neck. She also tightened her embrace, and my body went rigid from the contact.

She's so heavenly soft, while I'm rock hard.

Goddamn it.

I gently eased out of her embrace, landing ungracefully on the floor. I pulled the covers up her chin and left her to sleep in peace.

I went to the bathroom, splashing water on my face. I looked at the mirror and saw my flushed face.

Focus. I lifted an eyebrow, staring intently at my reflection. She's your enemy and your sister's girlfriend. Behave.

I took a deep breath. That should do it.

I walked down to the kitchen, thinking Charlie will need breakfast. I stopped on my tracks when I saw a man by the sink, looking at me with unreadable, dark blue eyes.

"Er, Dad. Why are you early?" I asked awkwardly. Why the hell is he here? He should be home by afternoon at the latest.

Where's Alex?!

"She's in your room. We came in around 7am. Your sister complained of dysmenorrhea, so we went home as soon as it was possible." my father answered some of my unspoken question, which I just gulped at without chewing.

Marco Alexandro Stone always seems to know what's on my mind.

He watched me as I filled my mug with coffee. I can see that he's already preparing breakfast, so I sat there, waiting for the inevitable.

"Facts, Nicolas." he demanded softly. I gave the condensed version of what happened. I didn't include Ashley's scene which will just lead to him knowing about Alex and Charlie.

"She was so scared that I can't leave her behind last night.." I said, my head bowed to my mug. "Did Alex see us?"

"Yes, she did. She was shocked to find you and Charlie in her bed."

I bet Alex will be more shocked if she knew that I find her girlfriend hot.

"If you could have called me about this last night I wouldn't be pissed off with you right now."

I looked at my father to see him holding back a smirk.

"Of course I initially thought there's something going on between you two. But when Alex saw Charlie's bruised face when she took a photo of you-"

"What?!"

"Relax. She probably deleted it already. She was so worried."

He stirred something in the pot by the stove. I watched him as he move around the kitchen. He looks almost exactly like me, but bigger in frame.

"We need to call her parents." Marco said after a minute.

"But she said she have no one." I informed him.

"Alex said she's got some family, she's just stubborn not to get in touch with them. She'll talk to Charlie later about it."

I nodded, silently drinking my coffee.

"Now, get this to your sister. We need to settle her mood if we are to spend this day with her."

He placed a tray with a bowl of soup in front of me. He only make this special soup of him if my sister's period came and she's in a very grouchy mood.

I gulped. What if my sister throw this on my face because she found me and Charlie in her bed? Have I been touching her bottom when Alex walked in on us? I groaned as I walked back upstairs. My sister has a very cranky and unreasonable mood when she's got her period.

I knocked softly before coming in my room. I saw her sleeping on my bed, a hot compress on her navel.

I quietly put the tray down my study table, then reached around her to pull the covers up to her chest. I also put an extra pillow under her feet, which she likes to do whenever she have cramps.

"Nicolas."

I winced as she gripped my arm with force. She pulled me down to the bed.

"Is she okay?" she croaked. I looked down her eyes to see it filled with worry, not the anger I was prepared for. "What happened?"

"Uh.. Yeah. We went to the hospital last night. Doctor said she'd be fine." I answered, also relaying the same story I told our father about.

She relaxed her grip on my arm a little.

"How is she? I mean.. did she seem okay? Did she cry a lot? Did she had nightmares?"

My heart saddened at the fact that my sister care for Charlie this much. Before it was only me she cared about.

I feel disgusted about myself. It's natural for her to worry, Charlie had a tragic experience last night. Instead here I am being childish and selfish about my sister's affection towards Charlie.

"Yes, she cried a lot. And scared. That's why I didn't left her alone last night. I don't know about the nightmares, but she seem okay."

I stood up and put the tray on her lap when she shifted to a sitting position. She spooned the soup slowly, but didn't put it in her mouth. Instead she looked up at me.

"Thank you. For taking care of her." she said earnestly.

I managed a tight smile for her. I don't really like her feelings for Charlie, but if it makes my sister happy..

"She might be moving on from here though.." she whispered sadly.

"What?"

"I think her stalker had found her. She would have to move on to hide someplace away from here." Alex said seriously.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, shocked of what my sister said.

My sister just gave me a sad smile, then remained quiet as she eat her soup slowly.

Just what secrets does that Charlie Raven have?