Tempest in Tumult

Charlie Raven

Everything around me is dark.

I kicked the restroom door, my temper getting the best of me. It cracked loudly against the wall but I didn't pay any attention to it.

I went to the sink, taking off my aviator glasses. I splashed water on my face, trying to cool down my fury.

Two bitches. That's all it takes to make me want to murder someone with my bare hands early in the morning.

Duncan. Banks. I should have bashed their fucking heads before.

I should have broke Natasha's face at the party, I know exactly how to damage her fucking jaw. That way she would have a hard time talking trash about Alex, and a very tough time sucking off dicks.

"PATHETIC SLUTS! DUMB FUCKING CUNTS!" I screamed, punching the mirror before I could stop myself.

My rage made webs in the once clear mirror as my punch crack it broken. I wasn't contented with the result, so I punched it repeatedly until pieces of the mirror fell to the sink.

And Ashley Banks? I should have pound her face to the lockers on the wall when she approached me earlier.

"FUCKING WHORES! STUPID FUCK! ASSFACE! CUNTS! BITCH!"

I shouted at the top of my lungs, and I don't give a fuck if someone hears me. My right fist feels broken, and it's covered with blood. So I used my left hand to break other portions of the mirror.

My pale, angry face stared back at me in broken little webs. I remembered staring at the deep blue eyes of Nicolas Stone. Back in my room it was filled with heated desire, then the next it was cool and distant.

Like today, when he kissed Natasha. And when he saw me and Ashley.

STOP THINKING ABOUT NICK!

I let my anger consume me, and I didn't stop smashing the mirror until hands wrapped around me.

"GET OFF ME! FUCK YOU!"

I thrashed against the person behind me, panic crawling in my skin as his touch seemed familiar.

"Dammit, Raven! Stop!"

Dustin Maxwell hooked his arm on my waist, his other arm wrapping around my chest, holding me firm against him so that I could stop my violent trashing.

His voice didn't register inside my brain, my fight or flight reflex set in fight. I turned, using all my strength to break free from his grasp and struck his face with my bloody fist.

He stumbled, his back hitting one of the cubicle's door. Dustin held up his hands, showing defeat. I stood there, stunned to see the six foot four basketball captain with blood on his beautiful face.

"Cupcake." he called me softly. "Hi."

He stared at me, his dark brown eyes gentle. He reached out his hand to me, and I just looked at it.

"Raven, it's just my hand."

I stepped back, hesitant about touching him. I'm breathing heavily from my brief exercise, and I'm starting to feel the sting on my hands.

"Cupcake, don't." Dustin groaned. "You might hurt yourself further."

I looked down and saw thousands of broken shards from the mirror I pounded. Some has blood on it.

"What the hell happened here?!"

A teacher was standing by the doorway, his face shocked to see the broken mirror, my bloody fists and Dustin's face.

"Someone answer! Now!" he thundered.

I ignored him, reached out for my dark glasses and put it on. I could feel Dustin's stare at me, and I ignored it, too.

I walked towards the door, and the teacher immediately took a step back. He was looking at me as if I've got two heads instead of just one.

"Call Marco Stone."

---

Marco Stone

I examined Charlie's hands, making sure it's bandaged properly. She winced when I touched her broken fists.

"Doctor said you can't use it for a long time. You did a good job on injuring yourself." I informed her sarcastically. She just clamped her mouth shut.

This girl is seriously damaged. I looked at her pale face, her eyes once again hidden behind those dark glasses. She's careful not to let any emotion show, and she's good at it.

I wonder how long had she been doing this.

"The school agreed to let us replace the mirror you smashed to pieces, and of making everything quiet and clean with a very generous donation from your father, of course." I said, opening the fridge and taking out cold cuts to make a sandwich for the stubborn kid.

"And Dustin?" she asked hoarsely.

"He said he's fine. Just asked if you can call him to let him know you're okay."

She just nodded absently, sitting at the stool rigidly. I saw her pick up the phone and call the boy. She talked quietly to him, ending the call very shortly.

I placed the roast beef sandwich in front of her, adding a milkshake by the side. She just stared down at it.

"We need to get in touch with my therapist, Mr. Stone." Charlie whispered. I was surprised to hear it from her. Devin said she hates counselling sessions.

"Sure. I'll make a call for that." I agreed. "Eat for now, Charlie."

She just nodded, picking up the sandwich and nibbling on it. She was eating with her sunglasses on, that I almost missed the tears running down her face.

"Charlie.." I reached out to wipe her tears but she flinched, a sob escaping her lips.

"No, don't." she snapped. "Don't be nice to me, Mr. Stone. I'm not your kid."

She put down her sandwich and ran upstairs to her room, slamming the door behind her.

I sighed deeply, my heart clenching at the thought of Charlie living in a dark world all by herself for a long time now.

Maybe I should throw away those dark glasses.