Knocked Out

Charlie Raven

That's it. I'm fucking done here.

I slammed my locker shut after depositing all my books in it. I have decided to ditch all my afternoon classes.

I really can't stand the stares and whispers any longer. If this continues, I'd go insane.

I was thinking of where I should go and what I should do to kill time, when someone blocked my way.

"Charlie!"

A girl attacked me, locking me to a tight embrace. I panicked and tried to get her off of me when I heard a sob came out of her.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

I stilled when I realized it was Ashley Banks, her blonde hair in unusual disarray and her eyes red and puffy. I had managed to put some distance between us, but not far enough for my comfort zone.

"Huh?" I said, completely dumbfounded.

"I'll talk to him! I will explain everything! I didn't know he would do this to you, he's so horrible!" Ashley cried, fury on her pretty face.

Oh-kay...

I noticed some students around us whispering and staring but I ignored them. I think I have an idea about what Ashley is talking about, but I'm honestly not in the mood. My whole body aches, and I seriously need to do something to have my mind back to its right track.

"You don't have to do anything for me, Ashley." I said dryly.

"No, I'd tell him to back off! Nick don't own me, I can kiss anyone I like without his permission! I can kiss you." she said firmly.

"That's great, but I don't really want to. So, bye." I smiled at her, but winced as my bruised cheek moved.

"No.." Ashley murmured, caressing my cheek. "Does it hurt bad, Charlie? I'm so so sorry, baby."

I cringed as she cooed at me, kissing my cheek. The murmurs got louder. So I showed everyone around us my finger.

"Uh-oh."

I went rigid as I heard Jake Turner's mocking voice.

"Fight! Fight!" someone chanted.

Ashley turned around, unblocking my view. We both stared at the furious face of Nick Stone, hate written in those beautiful deep blue eyes as he glared back.

Oh, God. Give me a break.

Well, apparently God can't. Because the next thing that happened was definitely trouble.

Nick's fist contacted skin and bones. I almost literally flew from where I'm standing.

Dead. We're both dead.

---

Nick Stone

I knocked impatiently at the bathroom door loudly with my uninjured left hand. No one answered.

Then why the hell is this locked?

I knocked again, cursing as I unconsciously used my right hand.

"Goddamn it!"

I should really keep my temper in check, it's getting me to a lot of trouble lately.

Well, no. Charlie fucking Raven gets me in lots of trouble lately.

I really hate her. She's always the reason behind my irrational decisions. She does every aggravating thing ever.

And today, just because of her, I had to face detention for a week. I was thankful though that the school didn't called Dad. He would have given me a long lecture and I'll be probably grounded for the rest of my life.

"Hello?" I knocked again, this time banging the door. My bladder is about to burst and the lock still won't budge.

"Who's there?" a tiny voice answered.

Charlie freaking Raven. Of course.

"It's Nick! Open up!" I shouted.

"It's Nick open up who?"

My mind went blank. I heard chuckling on the other side of the door.

"What- Damn you, Raven! It's not funny like all the knock knock jokes! Open this up, I'm about to pee at the fucking door!" I screamed as I realized she's playing with me.

"Aw, come on. That was funny." she said, opening the door.

I barely had time to look at her face as I pushed her aside and ran for the toilet, relieving myself. I was halfway through when I realized she's still inside the bathroom.

"Hey, get out!" I said, cussing at her.

"I don't get why you're such a jerk about this, since there's absolutely nothing there for me to see." she smirked, throwing my own words earlier this morning to me in my face.

"Whatever."

She just ignored me. She went to the bathtub, dragging a sack behind her.

"What's that? A body?" I asked, flushing the toilet.

"Yeah. This here, is the body," she panted, opening the sack. "Of Matthew Anthony, Nicky. You punch like Pacquiao, man. That was awesome." she smiled at me.

I snorted.

"It would have been better if you didn't jump in to the fight."

She spilled the contents of the sack in the tub. It was tubes of ice.

"Yeah, and you would have better penalty, right? A month's worth of detention, a call to Daddy Stone, and probably being ousted to your team. Sorry, shouldn't have interrupted." she said sassily.

"Yeah, that would have been great. You're welcome by the way."

"Huh?"

"I broke his fucking phone because he got you on video with Ashley while you were kissing there. If Alex saw that- what the fuck are you doing?" I said, shocked, as she dip herself to the tub full of water and ice.

"My whole body hurts, so.." she started to explain but stopped when her teeth started to chatter.

"Are you crazy?! Do you want to die of hypothermia?!" I asked incredulously.

"H-hey.. wouldn't that be c-cool?" she laughed, shivering.

"Not funny." I glared at her. She had lowered half of her body. And just to be clear, I can watch her do so because she's not naked. Not all the way, she's wearing a bikini.

This girl is absolutely nuts.

"I-I've watched this on a m-movie. B-before. Thought i-it's really cool."

"So you really think you can do this in real life?" I said, this girl is absolutely crazy.

"Y-yeah."

I just shook my head and washed my hands on the sink. I realized, now that I'm living with Charlie, that she likes to do things her own way, never letting anyone change her decisions. It would be futile to argue with her once she made her mind.

"F-fuc."

There was a splash of water as Charlie got out the tub, lips almost violet and her skin covered in goosebumps.

"T-towel."

I laughed as she gestured for me to give her the terry cloth towel at the back of the door, her teeth chattering.

"N-nicky, faster p-please."

I put the towel around her and did something I shouldn't have done because the door was suddenly opened by my father.

I wrapped my arms around Charlie and cocooned her to me to give her heat.

"NICOLAS!"