A Slice of Heaven and Hell

Alex Stone

"I want you to be my girlfriend, Alessandra."

I stood there in stunned silence under the cool shade of trees, the fine sand tickling my feet, my mouth agape as I tried to comprehend what I just heard.

Did I just really hear Kenneth say that he wants me to be his girlfriend?

"Alex.." he called me, his piercing blue eyes determined yet gentle at the same time.

God, I could melt under those stares..

"Please punch me." I blurted out.

"What?" he asked, confused and hurt. "You'd rather have me punch you than to be my girlfriend?"

"No, I wanna make sure this isn't another wet dream where you ask me to be your girl and then we kiss and make out, having wild, wild make out session then I wake up to the real, sad and pitiful world where you only see me as your best friend's sister."

Kenneth's gloomy expression lightened up when a smile broke into his lips, flashing his white, slightly crooked teeth that I find really cute.

"I have a better way to convince you that this is real."

He leaned forward and bent down to my face, eyes closed and lips inches apart from mine. I closed my own eyes and welcomed his mouth with mine, feeling his warm, soft lips capture against my eager ones.

Kenneth kissed me gently at first, making me whimper for more. His tight grip on my waist and the heat of his body next to mine convinced me that this is not a dream.

We gasped for air after a minutes of making out. We both giggled as we caught each other's eyes.

I sighed. Cassie's right. I just have to be confident about myself and I'll get what I want.

I should thank her. Later. For the meantime..

I pulled Kenneth's face towards me again and kissed him again and again and again..

Nick Stone

"That's fifty bucks, babe."

I slapped my father's credit card to the cashier's hand, ignoring the inviting smile she got pasted on her heavily made up face. It's a wonder that it doesn't melt with the temperature here quite a bit above normal.

I was scowling by the time she gave me my purchases and the card. It took her a good five minutes to serve me, and the line behind me wasn't really happy.

I stuffed a popsicle in my mouth as I exited the small shop, making my way back to where Dad is currently cooking barbecue for us, talking to some other guys where he can see Charlie. He sent me to buy some stuff, since he can't let her out of his sight.

"I want that, too."

Someone blocked my way, face partially covered with cloth to probably protect it from the sun. I frowned as I tried to walk away but the person kept blocking my way.

"Give me that."

The popsicle was snatched from my grasp in a flash, the cloth was pulled down to reveal a familiar luscious lips that immediately devoured the popsicle I had already put inside my mouth.

I watched helplessly as Charlie's lips closed around the popsicle, making a sucking sound for me to hear, her playful eyes focused on me.

"Strawberry flavor, really?" her voice taunted me. "I thought you like vanilla."

I was too stunned and aroused to respond to her teasing. So I just stood there like the stupid fuck I am, watching her lick that freaking popsicle not too innocently.

"It's too hot here, huh?" Charlie asked, eyeing the beads of sweat on my forehead.

"You- Why are you here? Where's Dad?" I asked a bit angrily, ignoring her remarks.

She just laughed at my obvious unease.

"I like it when you're all flustered." Charlie smirked, then started to walk away. I grabbed her arm to stop her from going somewhere else.

"Dad will be pissed that you ran off." I said and pulled her to the right direction.

"I don't really care about that." she shrugged, licking the popsicle she stole from me and turning away. "He's being paid for putting up with me anyway so-"

"Dad really cares about you, Raven. Why are you being difficult?" I said, annoyed and frustrated with her sudden indifference.

How can she be playful one minute then turn cold in just a snap? How can I both be mad and amazed by her?

How can she not see that we are all worried about her? That we truly care about her? That we want her to genuinely smile once again and live normally as any teenager should be?

How can she be mine?

"Because I am difficult, Rocky." she said softly, removing her arm from my grip. "Please, do not forget that."

She started to walk back to our spot on the beach. Charlie averted her face and added,

"I can't be yours."