Ꮚ Chapter 9 Ꮚ

Chapter 9

    I could no longer say the feeling was foreign seeing as this would occur whenever I was near her. I inhaled and exhaled repeatedly, trying to calm myself down. Why was I so nervous? Or maybe I wasn't nervous. I'm probably just thinking too hard. I mean it's pretty obvious. I knew what I had to do. All I'm doing is going to Jenna and work on the project. That's it. I'll also make sure she's not in danger but otherwise, I shouldn't be acting like this. I ran my fingers through my hair and fixed my shirt quickly. I think I look normal. I heaved a sigh and knocked on her door.

     My breath hitched and I could feel my pupils dilate when my eyes met Jenna's green ones. Her lips were pursed and her eyebrows were scrunched up. She was taken aback by my presence and tucked a loose strand of hair by her ear that hung loosely from her messy bun. Jenna's hand were gripped firmly on the doorknob as she questioned me.

     "What are you doing here?"

     My heart stopped as I felt an overwhelming sensation. It was that sense I was having before. But it didn't seem like she was in jeopardy. As a matter of fact, she appeared safe. I mean she was at home, why would she be put in danger? 

     "Aren't we supposed to work on the project?" I asked, unsure of why she just said that.

     "That was yesterday," she laughed.

     Shoot! With everything that was going on, I completely forgot. Ugh!

     "Was it?" I dumbly asked as she nodded and I pursed my lips. "Oh, I must have gotten the days confused."

     That wasn't even a lie. But it sure sounded like one as I scratched the base of my neck and laughed lightly. My cheeks turned red in embarrassment. It sounded like a sad attempt at an excuse.

     "Yeah," she replied.

     "So I guess I'll um just you know uh," I stammered. Was I supposed to leave now?

     "We can still do the project," Jenna quickly said.

     "You sure?" I raised an eyebrow and stifled any evidence of my relief.

     "Yeah, come in," she smiled as my heart skipped a beat and she opened the door wide enough so we can go through.

     "Okay," I walked in with a small grin.

     Her house was incredibly spacious and nice. She was walking along the living room that had a leather couch, coffee table and a few more furniture sets that made the room appear homey. I watched as she grabbed a colorful polka dotted mug and her school supplies that were on the table. She looked at me and nodded her head towards the opposite direction of the room. I looked there to see a door.

     "That's the study room," she explained. "Let's go."

     They have a room just for studying? Why?! That's such a waste. Now a game room sounds much better. I smiled and stuffed my hands in my pocket. Yup, just imagine that. A room full of games and consoles! I want one.

      "Whos this?" I heard someone say.

     Remember when I said I had a Stranger Danger sense? Well, for some reason it seemed to be active the second I walked into this house. At least, that's what I think this is. I'm not high or on anything so these feelings must be from my powers.

     "He's my partner in chemistry, mom," Jenna replied.

     I looked at who she was talking to and frowned at the judgmental glare I was given. She was an older woman with brown hair and looked nothing like Jenna. Her mom didn't seem to like me as she told Jenna that she needed to say something to her. She wasn't helping my sense situation. I narrowed my eyes at Jenna and then her mom. Hmm.