Ꮚ Chapter 21 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 21 Ꮚ  

     See, everything was fine! Freaking dandy. Note the sarcasm. Hey, while you're taking some notes how about you jot down the fact that I'm awesome and way out of anyone's league. So it makes sense why Jenna wouldn't go out with me. She understood that and her being a good person also respected that. Sigh.

     Oh, so this is what my supervillain origin story will be like. I get it. I should have seen this coming, it was inevitable really. I thought it would more dramatic, you know what I'm saying? Kind of along the line of explosions in the background while I look like an absolute boss and things are breaking. But the only thing that's breaking here is my heart. Now I'm just depressed. Me being depressed is not entertaining let me tell you.

     "Um..." I trailed off awkwardly and took a couple of steps back.

     The only response I got was a facial expression. Her lips were pursed and she gave me a look. It was apologetic but at the very same time, it was stern, like she was sending me a message through her eyes. We'll talk about this later, her eyes spoke. It's the look that you don't want to really experience with anyone let alone your crush who just happened to reject you.

     "I did not expect that," Kyle whistled and stuffed his hands in his pocket as he approached me. Jenna had already left.

     I then realized something. This was Kyle's fault. He told me it was the perfect time when, evidently, it wasn't the perfect time. It was the worst time. I facepalmed myself. This is what happens when I listen to Kyle. He wanted to do it his way, the Kyle Style. I obviously wasn't thinking. The fact that I went through with it just leave me baffled, but the consequences that followed with my actions leave me even more astonished.

     Why am I so shocked?

     Did I honestly think she would say yes?

     Ugh. I'm so stupid. I ran my hands through my hair and groaned out loud. Kyle just watched me, his eyebrows raised and composure rigid. He seemed intensely focused on something as he tapped his index finger against his chin.

     "Why did she say no?" Kyle bluntly questioned out loud. "I don't get it. I know she likes you. It makes no sense."

     My eyes twitched as I gawked at Kyle with my eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?" I took steps closer to him and jabbed my finger into his chest. "You told me to do this." I glared.

     He gulped and bumped into the locker behind him. "Lucas, relax."

     "No," I clenched my jaw. "This is because of you."

     "Eh," Kyle scratched the base of his neck. "I really thought she would say yes."

     I glared harder. "Well, you thought wrong."

     "Okay," he pushed me away from him. "Maybe it was too early? I mean it hasn't even been a week."

     "So why did you tell me it was the perfect time," I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot against the floor impatiently. With one eyebrow raised and an expectant look on my face, I continued. "Now that she rejected me you're doubting everything?"

     "She didn't seem to care about Eugene breaking up with her," Kyle admitted. "I'm sorry, man," he put his hand on my shoulder as if it was going to assure me in some way. It didn't. I got even more pissed. I shrugged his hand off and walked away. Kyle being Kyle, of course, followed me.

     I chose to ignore his presence and he realized that. He sighed and shook his head as the bell rang. I really hate the sound of the bell.

     "Everyone just loves being late to class don't they?" Mrs. Birch announced when Kyle and I entered the classroom.