Ꮚ Chapter 26 Ꮚ

Chapter 26

Fan-freaking-tastic!

You know what? I actually feel like I haven't used that word in quite a while. Hmm, let's see. Not since chapter thirteen. For real, you can check if you want. I already did but just in case you don't believe me. People tend to think I lie. I know right? That's just ridiculous. But wow, it's been a long time. Well, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. If you couldn't tell I'm a bit desperate at the moment. That might have been the result of getting shot by the school's jock.

Oh, wait! You guy's don't know about that yet. Shoot. Oh, pun. Ah, I'm sorry. Damn it. Now I spoiled the dramaticness of this whole thing. Ugh. There's no point of even telling you how I got into this situation anymore. Sigh. Even so, I will privilege you all with the details because let's be legit for a second. No matter what you're curious as to what is actually occurring at the moment. As a victim of the events, I can tell you it's a bit crazy.

We're going to start off with the obvious. The fact that I'm never wrong.

Well, actually there was this one time I thought I was wrong but clearly, I was only mistaken to ever even think that. There was also this one time I thought I could be a superhero, right? And then during one of those times, I just completely misplaced a part of my superhero costume. Turned out that my girlfriend had it.

You guys remember that, right? Ha-ha, remember?

It was about four seconds ago.

See, I'm one of those people that like to just not have problems in life but if I do I go for the more violent solution. You know, facing the problem head on. Literally.

"Go, Lucas," Jenna urged me again, this time a little harsher.

Now this, well it's a problem. Jenna already thinks I'm Dark Wonder and if I go it will just confirm her suspicion. That means the whole 'keep your identity a secret' is a bust. But here's the annoying part. If I don't go people will most likely get hurt and that can't happen. As you can tell, I'm having an identity crisis. I think...I mean it sounds legit. My identity is in crisis so in conclusion, I'm having an identity crisis.

Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

"Gosh, Jenna," I laughed, covering up my nerves. I avoided any eye contact with her, in fear that I might say something I shouldn't. Like I don't know...tell her that I really am Dark Wonder. Or something along those lines. "You're making this seem very dramatic." It kinda was.

"There's a school shooting happening and you're supposed to save the day," she said, stating the facts. Her tone was firm and low so that the kids hiding in the gym lockers wouldn't hear us. "But you are here, dressed with just a towel."

"Let's be realistic, Jenna," I winked at her and placed my hand on my chest. "I'm sure they will like what I am wearing too."

She rolled her eyes and leaned in closer. Both of our cheeks had a light shade of pink glowing but we decided to condone that and the way our hearts were beating at an excessive rate. Because that just wasn't important at the moment. "I'll grab your backpack and sneak it over to you," she jabbed her finger at me. "And you will get dressed and do your hero thing."

"I'm not-"

"Are you really still attempting to deny it?!" She appeared bewildered by my denial and merely shook her head.

"No. I mean, yeah. I'm just saying that I'm not-"

"Don't!" She warned me.

So I guess it's official. Jenna Davison, also known as the good girl, hiddenly known as my girlfriend is aware that I am Dark Wonder. She found out my secret.