Ꮚ Chapter 20 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 20 Ꮚ

     "I'm not a damsel in distress," I informed this new superhero. 

     He seemed perplexed with my attitude. I couldn't quite see his face because of his blue mask that covered most of it up but I was sure from the way his lips smacked together that he was quite shocked. I only scoffed in response and began kicking the nearest threat. Well, not really threat but that's irrelevant. I grabbed one of Razor Blade's gang member by the arm and threw him in the air. He landed right on my fist and then fell to the ground.

     "Are you going to fight or just stand there looking dumb?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

     Fine, I'll admit it. I'm a little pissed right now. Not just because he messed up my awesome lines but because he just came like it was okay. The nerve he had to just come here and try to assist me. Like, who does he think he is? Just because he can fly doesn't make him deserving to fight by my side. Honestly, people have no respect.

     "Uh...okay?" Blue Gravity replied, unsure how to answer. He was nervous. I could sense it. It wasn't just the way his heart was beating or the fact that there was a little bit of sweat dripping down his forehead. No. It was the way he was fidgeting and moving around awkwardly.

     "Listen," I placed a hand on my hip. "If you don't even know how to fight I can just escort you out." I walked by the edge of the roof and moved my hands in an existing matter, motioning for him to leave.

     "No, no," Blue Gravity quickly said, waving his hands around. "I can help. I'll fight."

     I clicked my tongue. He's annoying.

     "Then fight!" I yelled as we both got into a fighting stance. He was floating while I was in a general and not fancy position. "You go after those two guys," I pointed towards the ones who were attempting to leave. "I'll go for these guys."

     He nodded and flew over to them. I ran with my super speed towards the men I was fighting and grabbed the knives that were on their utility belt. They turned around confused while I simply smirked. "Looking for these?" I asked while dangling their weapons.

     I licked my lips and held both knives in my hand. They attempted to reach for it with different distractions like sad excuse of punches, pathetic kicks, cry worthy attacks and you know the regular things. I got tired of being on defense and just knocked them out. Hmm. I should have just done that from the beginning. Oh, well. Shrugs. At least, I got new weapons. Though, I'm not so fond of knives.

     "Yo," I called. "Superhero with the nerdy name."

     Blue Gravity looked over at me and tilted his head. "Yeah?"

     "Think fast," I threw both knives at him.

     I waited. I was prepared for him to get stabbed or something along that line, you know? Okay not really guys. I'm not that bad. I figured he wouldn't be able to catch it and I could have a good laugh. Just a little joke. Regrettably, that did not happen and he caught them. It wasn't much of a catch actually. They were frozen in place, exactly a couple of inches away from his face. His eyes were wide and he gawked at me.

     He was about to say something that I probably didn't want to hear so I just cut him off with a compliment, "Nice reflexes."

     What the actual hell?!

     He can fly and make things just float in freaking midair? That's not fair! Like, isn't there a rule for powers. You can only have one awesome power. That should be a rule. I watched as he fought the rest of the men. I slumped down against one of the pipes that were on the roof. My legs were sprawled on the floor as I yawned. I mean, if I don't have to use my energy why would I? Besides, I just got kidnapped cut me some slack, will you? I'm freaking exhausted.