Ꮚ Chapter 10 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 10 Ꮚ

     "Code red!" Kyle blared through the intercom.

     "Dude not so loud," I clicked my tongue. "Since when do have codes?"

     "Since now," he quickly replied.

     "And what does it actually mean?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

     "Take a lucky guess," he said sarcastically.

     If I actually had a curfew I'd probably be grounded for being by the port this late on a school night. But I was one of those lucky kids with one of those less strict parents. So it was all good. That was until I was almost stabbed with the most peculiar looking blade I ever saw.

     I assumed that's what he meant by code red.

     "I heard you've been bothering other gangs," I said and moved my head slightly, avoiding a knife. It landed straight into one of the boats that were innocently placed on the water. If that cut my newly made costume I would have flipped.

     You see, once Kyle and I realized that I would actually be fighting someone we decided that we should stop procrastinating and come up with a costume. With some puff paint, spray paint, a hoodie and random things around our houses we came up with a cool looking costume. I was wearing a black sweater that had dark blue strips along different edges. Underneath that was the bullet proof vest that I borrowed from the cops. I still had no idea if I was bulletproof and I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least wear some protection. I wore that with black pants that had chains by the belt. My hands were covered in leather gloves and my eyes equipped with a black mask.

     In short, I looked freaking awesome.

     Plus, on the back of my sweater was my symbol. It was a backward triangle placed in the center. In it was an L and by it was a T. Basically my initials but no one needs to know that.

     "Hmm," Razor hummed and gazed over at another one of his shiny weapons. "They finally got someone who can actually dodge my throws." He quickly directed another one of his blades at me. I bit my lips as my eyes widen and I caught it with a full grip. Somehow I managed to grab it by the handle and not the blade.

     "Impressive," he acknowledged my awesomeness and began walking towards me. I held my glare firmly and took advantage of the sudden object I obtained. All I had was a metal rod for a weapon but luckily this guy just gave me an actually useful one.

     "I try," I shrugged and let a smug smirk sneak its way to my lips.

     He wasted no time and began fighting. He liked to flip his knife which confused me, whenever he was about to attack. I quickly took out the knife I just received and hit his knife, blocking it. He brought his leg up, ready to kick me. I clicked my tongue and avoided it. I quickly looked around hoping to find something to improvise with. I noticed a ladder that led up to a two story facility.

     "Catch me if you can," I winked at him and started running in the direction of the facility. I climbed up the not so sturdy ladder and made my way to the roof.

     He followed me, taking his sweet and precious time. I folded my arms over my chest and started tapping my foot against the floor of the roof impatiently. "Wow, Razor," I shook my head in disappointment. "You're never going to beat a record with that slow running."

     "How are you able to move so fast?" He questioned me as he pulled out five knives and threw them at me.

     "I have a question for you actually," I smacked my lips together, ignoring him. I used my metal rod and deflected each one of them in a super speed manner. I cringed at the clashing sound. Ugh, that was loud. "Why do they call you Razor? Like I get it. You're kind of freakishly obsessed with knives but like do you fight with a shaving razor or something?"