Prolouge

The moon and the stars were the only things glowing as they floated in the dark sky. I stared at each and every one of the stars, counting them, imagining them to be the snow flakes that cascade gently down in winter. But right now I was in the summer castle, enjoying the airs warmth and the waters cool as I took a late night swim in my private pool.

     Naked.

     As if Ray sensed that my clothes were somehow off my body, the sound of his bare feet on the marbled floor echoed in the open room. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the edge, letting the rest of my bare body float on top of the water. The gentle ripples of movement along the water brought the hundreds of rose petals to cling to my darkened skin.

     The foot steps stopped when he was right by my side. I expected Ray to join me, but he didn't. I was just about to open my mouth and ask him not to bother me with political issues right now in my relaxation time when he spoke first.

     "You really are beautiful," he spoke so softly.

     I kept my eyes closed, "Really? Even with the weight I gained?"

     "Especially. I think that's what makes you all the more... radiant."

     I stood up then in the water and he grabbed my hand to help me out of the pool. Some roses stuck to my body, but he kept his eyes on mine as he placed his hands on my stomach, "As radiant as the summer sun?" I teased.

     He brought his lips down to my belly and kissed it gently, when he pulled away he kept his eyes on mine. And every time I just melt into his warm dark ones.

     "I still think its a girl," he smiled.

     "And I still think it's a boy," I replied.

     "I'm sorry but you're wrong my gorgeous star. Ivory is in your belly."

     "Really? You think you know who's in my belly more than me?" I questioned playfully, "I think it's Dax."

     Ray raised a dark brow and kneeled down until his lips were on my belly, "I know you're sleeping right now my sweet child. But you need to help Dad out right now okay?" I felt our baby move slightly at his voice. "One kick if you are Ivory, two kicks if you are Dax okay? Can you do that for Dad right now?" His fingers caressed my oversized belly as he whispered, "This will be the first time we prove Mom wrong."

     I just laughed, "You don't really think that's going to work right-"

     Ray shushed me as he placed both hands and his right ear on my swollen belly.

     "You feel the kicks, not listen to them."

     His response was a light slap on my bare behind.

     I rolled my eyes, "I hope he kicks you in the face," I muttered.

     But there was no more movement inside my belly, and it was to late to go back into the pool, what I needed was my bed and sleep.

     Ray never let me lift a finger since my pregnancy, and even more now that I looked like I was going to pop. He already had the bed ready, the silk purple sheets pulled back. Except the bed wasn't empty, a certain orange fluff ball was keeping my side of the bed warm for me. Nuri was just as protective of me as Ray was during this time - one time it was to the point where he didn't even let Ray near me.

     I was so tired that I didn't even bother pushing Nuri off the bed this time. All three of us - well four counting my belly - could fit in my oversized bed easily. I selfishly had both my bed here and in winter specially made to fit a tiger so I would have Nuri to cuddle with on the days where Ray was busy trying to advise the other seasons that I was no threat.

     But tonight was perfect, I had him holding me in his arms as I fell gently asleep when my head hit the pillow.

     In the to early morning I felt Nuri leave the bed, most likely off to hunt. And I felt Rays hand tracing circles on my stomach. I kept my eyes closed hoping for more blissful minutes of sleep, but my child was an early bird and started moving around, wiggling in it's tiny cocoon.

     And then I felt it. One kick.

     Quickly Ray lifted his face to mine, "Ivory," he whispered with a smile.

     And then I felt a second kick. Two. "Dax," I said, opening my eyes to the see the suns orange hues.

     "Ugh, you're suppose to be on my side," he said as he kissed my belly, then my lips and slowly got up from bed to help me stand.

     And that's when I felt a third kick. Three.

***I HAVE PUBLISHED A NEW ADULT FANTASY BOOK ON AMAZON

IN BETWEEN HORNS AND WINGS BY JASMINE PARRA

COMES IN PAPERBACK, HARDCOVER, EBOOK (FREE WITH KINDLE UNLIMITED)

WHAT ITS ABOUT:

ESTRELLA DE LEÓN HAS BEEN A MEDIUM HER ENTIRE LIFE. IT'S IN HER BLOOD TO DEAL WITH THE DARK AND TWISTED SOULS OF THE DEAD.

IT'S THE FAMILY BUSINESS SHE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO INHERENT.

HOWEVER, AS NEWS BREAKS OF A WAR BETWEEN DEMONS AND ANGELS – ESTRELLA IS DRAGGED INTO THIS UPCOMING BATTLE. SHE IS COMMANDED BY HER FATHER, THE DEMON KING OF LOS ANGELES, TO INFILTRATE THE ANGELS AND FIND OUT AS MUCH INFORMATION AS SHE CAN. AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK THAT COULD GET HER KILLED, BUT SHE TAKES IT.

ESTRELLA DE LEÓN IS THEN CAUGHT BETWEEN MAKING FRIENDS WITH HER LONGTIME ENEMIES, AND MAKING ENEMIES OUT OF HER LONGTIME FRIENDS.

- ONE BED TROPE

- MORALLY GREY MAIN CHARACTER

- ENEMIES TO FRIENDS

- FORBIDDEN LOVE

- FOUND FAMILY

LINK IS IN BIO!!