Chapter 24

Ray was the one to speak first. "Well, this is certainly a surprise."

     "You can't honestly trust him can you your majesty?" Hudson said. "You don't know him, he could just be using you."

     "Hudson has a point. He's a Spring,"  Yana put in her thoughts. Her silver eyes never leaving it's target. Nor has her posture calmed down.

     "And I was just a winter in summer five years ago, but Ray trusted me."

     "Ofcourse he did, a young man seeing a beautiful mysterious women," Hudson scoffed, "That definetly helped him trust you."

     I raised my brow at him, and he instantly said, "No offense."

     "And when you first met Ray, what did you guys do? Oh right, try to kill one another? Yet look at you guys now - fighting side by side. Sitting side by side in this very council room. And every summer citizen that you have met before then? What were they to you until I came into my crown, the enemy. When I took this crown, and my power I did not want to have enemies, I wanted allies. I wanted peace. But like Liam once told me, peace comes at a price. And we have paid it - he has paid it. And many more stubborn and innocent men and women will pay it so long as peace is the outcome. Is that understood, Hudson? Yana?"

     Hudsons eyes shifted down as he nodded his agreement. Yet Yana's nostrils flared in frusteration. She didn't say or motion her consent as Hudson did, instead she took a deep breath and sat back in her seat.

     "And you my love?" I asked Ray. He shifted his hand in mine so his thumb can caress my skin. And then he did something that surprised me, he stood up, walked to Alagan's side and held out his hand.

     "Hello Alagan, it is nice to meet my wife's brother." Alagan looked down at Ray's hand and extended it out to shake. "But I want you to know, that if you every betray us - betray her - she will end you."

     "I have no doubt."

     "Good, now that we have that settled, lets move on to the prisoner in the cells."

     "His name is Clovis. He is the heir to the Spring throne. He is 274 years old, doesn't have a wife - but does have twenty three children all in the age range between 200 and 85. Most of those children he doesn't care for. Except for his oldest daughter and second to youngest son who actually have powers. He drowns any alcohol he can find, and spends any money he gets. But when it comes to politics and battle he's head strong. Clovis has been around for a while now, any information that has been taught has been absorbed. He's the rule to never underestimating your enemy." Yana stated the information she has learned from her time in spring.

     "But do you think he would want to be king if anything were to happen to his father?"

     "No," she replied. "He would let his little sister Tulip rule. Which out of all the main royals, she's the most decent. Spoiled - but isn't a fan of violence or confrontation. She can be easily manipulated into becoming an ally."

    I nodded my head, taking in this information. "Good," I muttered. "We'll wait a day before Ray goes to speak with him. Let his suffer a bit longer in the cold."

     The meeting ended there. Alagan still not getting a proper chair for the council, at least he wouldn't until everyone agree's to it. Or until Alagan gets fed up with standing that he makes his own chair. Nevertheless after the meeting Hudson and Yana went their separate ways to get the funerals started while Ray, Alagan and I moved to the kitchen.

     Since the castle was empty Ray started searching around for food, but I lightly kissed the back of his neck and told him to sit while I made us all some potato and chicken soup. Now that the meeting was over, the tiredness was started to wash over him. I could tell some movements were tender to make from his injuries. But at least none of them were fatal. I couldn't help watching him, and feeling horrible about myself.