Chapter 35

Brantley POV

   I can't believe it, that I was able to get her back. She was a wreck thinking she had lost me, like she could get rid of me. I love her and I told her I loved her. She loves me. I am trying to wrap my head around that fact. I'm on my bike and she is just ahead of me heading back to my concert. Since we are staying tonight and playing again tomorrow , I have a couple of surprises for Bells.
We made it back in record time and Justin had done as I asked and stalled. He's a great artist so I really had no worries about him. I huddle up the band and fill them in on what's happened and we say our prayer and they take the stage. I hear my cue and the pyrotechnics are going off as I bounce onto the stage. I know Bells is here just not sure where yet. I focus on the music and put on a show for my fans.
It is getting to the part of my show where I sing One Hell of an Amen and I have some new photos in my slide show and I want to make sure Bells sees them. I spot her in the front of the stage and I know that tonight is going to be rough on her.
     Tonight before I sing this next song I want to dedicate it to a man who I never personally met but feel like I know from all the stories I have heard from the people who loved him. He was a Navy Seal and today would have been 32 years old. He gave all for this country so that you and I could be here tonight doing what we love. So this song is for you Captain Brady McCoy.
I start to sing the song and I look for Bells, she has stopped and is watching the first part of the slide show where I have gotten photos of Brady from Junior, Kelley and Chase. She is crying and smiling all at the same time. Finish this song and tell everyone to raise their drinks and give a toast to all those who are fighting the good fight. I finish my concert with Bottoms Up and then I make my way to the side where Bells is standing there waiting on me. She welcomes me with open arms and I know I am gonna make this girl mine.

  We make our way back to the buses and I take a shower and pack a bag. I told Bella to pack a bag that I was taking her away tonight but that we weren't going that far. I had Jeff book me a room in a local hotel for tonight. Bella is outside around the pit talking with everyone while I am finishing up in here.

I walk off the bus and put our bags in my truck before heading to the pit area. Justin walks up and said,"I'm glad that she has a smile back on her face tonight and what you did for her with Brady's picture and that song may be what it takes for her to celebrate her birthday again."
"Well just so you know I'm about to take her away for the night and I plan on celebrating her birthday any way she wants to. So I will see you sometime tomorrow brother." I told him as I headed to get Bells.

As I walked up Ben asked her,"What did you think of tonight's show?"
"It was kickass like usual but tonight's was special because Brady was up there and it made me realize that I need to celebrate my birthday because he died so that I could. He would kick my ass if he knew that I had stopped because it was his too and since he wasn't here to celebrate with me. He always called even when he was on a mission to wish me a happy birthday and tonight it was like he sent me a sign that it was okay to keep living and being happy."
"Darlin' I'm glad you said that because you and I have a date tonight to celebrate your birthday so as much as I love all of you I'm gonna steal my girlfriend away from y'all . We will see y'all tomorrow"

As we get in the truck Bells looked at me and said," the only way I want to celebrate is you and me in a bed and you showing me all the things that you have promised with your kisses and touch that have driven me wild.Do I make myself clear? Cause if you have plans other than that then you need to change them."
I smile at her and say,"yes ma'am "