Lets go back to where it all started.

Kara's POV

The eighth grade. I had landed only during the month called May. I didn't go to what Alex had to tell me was school. We had something similar on Krypton, we called it our Daily Astronomical and Environmental Studies for the Youth. It's such a long name, don't ask me why. Either way, that summer, Alex spent most of her free time with me to help me adjust. There was this one time with the popcorn machine, it was hilarious.

When the month of September came, I enrolled with Alex at Midvale High School. Their schooling was a lot different from our schooling. I had no other friends aside from Alex, who eventually ditched me. Leaving me, of course, friendless. I sat in the back corner for everything, struggling to fit in. That was until someone bumped into me.

"Oh uh sorry I didn't see you there" I said

"No worries. Oh uh hi, my name is Barry Allen" he said holding his hand out for me to shake it

"Kara... Danvers" i shook it.

"Wow thats a strong grip" He said alerting me of my super strength

"OH sorry... I have a firm grip sometimes"

And so eventually we became friends. Really close friends. He helped me pass the eighth, ninth and tenth grade, without failing. It was miraculous.

In the summer after eleventh grade, we went to the same summer camp. It was called "Camp Universal". It was about the stars and how our universes were different in so many ways. It taught us about the universe, the multiverse theories, how each star was unique and the other planets of our solar system. It was actually something I knew and Barry didn't. Finally!

We played a game of capture the flag during the last week and Barry was seriously hurt as some kid pushed him over a cliff. I managed to fly down and save him without anyone noticing me. But he still hurt his leg.

It turns out it was broken. I couldn't do anything about it, sadly. My bones healed within hours, but his would take weeks, maybe months.

For that last week, I skipped all the activities to spend some quality time with Barry. He was moving to Central City for his last year of High School so I knew I would never see him again. And if I did, it would be a very long time from now. On the last day, he told me something i wish he had avoided.

"Kara" he asked

"Yeah Big B" I replied. I gave him that nickname because he was like a big brother to me. And his name began with a B. It stuck.

"How did you save me. I remember seeing you as I fell backwards down that cliff. It was huge. No one could have run down there that fast. Not even the fastest man alive"

"I'm sorry Barry. But some things in my life should just remain unknown to everyone else." I said

"Kit"

"Don't call me that" I begged

"Kara,"

"Barry, I'm not normal. You above all people deserve to know that. I'm sorry but I don't want my... differences... to ruin what a good friendship we have"

"Fine. I get it" He said.

"Goodbye Barry Allen. Thanks for being there for me. It meant a lot to me."

"You too Kara Danvers"

I walked out of the hospital wing with a broken heart. I wanted to be in a relationship with Barry so badly but I knew my superpowers hidden inside me would create a barrier between us. I just wanted a friend. A friend who would be okay with me hiding my secrets. But I guess we can't have all of our wishes.

I couldn't sleep that night. The way I ended things with Barry were terrible. He was leaving first thing tomorrow morning and I would break rules if I went out to visit him during sleeping hours. So I did what my heart told me. I wrote him a letter.

It read;

Dear Big B,

I am so so sorry with how i ended things yesterday in the hospital wing. I was in a bad mood. I am different, yes, in so many ways that I can't even begin to tell you. I wish for us to still be friends. The best of friends. You've always been there for me. Maybe sometime in the future, I could be there for you too in Central City. I really love the nickname Kit. You know that my love for KitKat bars is much stronger than what i said earlier. I am so sorry for the way I ended things. I know that letters will never work out, but if you ever need me for some advice, call me. I'll write my home phone number below. Have a great life in Central City, Barry. We're all special, we may have not discovered it, but you will. I have faith. If I can leave one thing with you, it is that we are "stronger together". It was my family's motto. Before they passed, you know. I hope we will meet again. Maybe in the multiverse. Who knows! The possibilities are endless. You will be great.

Yours truly, Kara Danvers.

I folded it up and wrote "for Barry Allen's eyes only" on the top. I decided to finally break the rules and sneak over to Barry's Cabin. I slid the note in through the broken window near his bed hoping he would find it.

The twelfth grade passed by quickly. Barry helped me make more friends over the years so we got closer. I never went to prom. I ate pizza while watching TV at home. When it was all said and done with, Alex encouraged me to move to National City with her. She was the closest person i had to a sister and I didn't want it to end. So I said yes.

I ended up applying to be Cat Grant's assistant. I met my best friend, much similar to Barry, Winn. And then the interesting part comes in. I learned how to use my powers for good and helped save my sister's flight. I became Supergirl.