The Toyman

Kara's POV

Of course, it was a Friday night and Cat Grant had me held up at CatCo. Once Again!

The TV's were on the news channel like normal but I was just waiting for Cat to tell me when to leave. I could ask, I guess? But she'd probably not let me. Meh, it's worth a shot.

"Miss Grant? Some friends and I had um... plans, for tonight, so may I be able to leave?" I asked walking in

"Oh Keira! I forgot you were here. I guess you can leave" she said with a sigh.

"Breaking News! A dangerous criminal, The Toyman, has escaped his prison cell once again. I hope Supergirl is hearing this..." The news anchor came on interrupting another story.

"Thank you Miss Grant!" I said running out the door up to the roof. That was when I changed into my Supergirl costume. Time to save National City once again. Not that I'm tired of it or anything, but we've really got to get some better cells.

"Supergirl? Are you reading me Supergirl?" Alex chimed in on the headset

"Yes Agent Danvers. Coordinates of the Toyman?"

"Now the last time you fought this criminal, where were you trapped?"

"His factory! I'm going to land right about.... what was that?" I looked down at the red streak speeding through the streets. It looked confused as it went in circles here and there.

"What was what Supergirl?" Alex said

"I will tell you later. I'm going in." I said hoping I could handle what was next.

As I landed, I could hear small toy cymbal toys banging. All coordinated no less. Something was up

As I opened the door, I seen what was a large amount of windup toy soldier dolls. They all were dressed differently. Some looked like me, some in a green hood with a mask, some with a bat on their chest, even ones that resembled Kal-El.

"Ah Supergirl! I see you have met my little group of friends" the Toyman said

"What do you want now Toyman"

"Ah just like your cousin you are. See I want exactly what I never got, and more. I want my son to become just like me. An evil mastermind. And even more, I want every single person I recreated from this toy soldier. Dead. So I guess I shall start with you." He said as the little toy soldiers held up their guns.

Using my x-ray vision, I could see there was a small ear piece that attached to the side of his temple. They were being mindcontrolled.

"You see Supergirl, these little toy soldiers aren't toys. Neither are their guns. They are my army. Guns filled with kryptonite bullets. For now." He said.

"Supergirl! Supergirl get out of there. You're going to get hurt. There is always tomorrow. Come on Supergirl. Don't do this to yourself" Alex chimed in again as I stood there motionless.

"Ah. No final words? Oh well, your silence shall remain" the Toyman said. That was when I flew away. I avoided the Kryptonite bullets barely. One almost hit me but it only got the side of my arm. I would heal. So I flew to the DEO.

As soon as I landed, I felt weakened. It was the kryptonite.

"She's been hurt. Help her in" Alex shouted as I started to limp. Other agents helped me in to Alex's lab. She pulled the kryptonite bullet from my arm. And I instantly started to gain strength.

"It's always the kryptonite" Alex claims walking over to place the bullet in a plastic bag

"It's not my fault, not my cousins for a matter of fact, that kryptonite does this to kryptonians." I said putting my hands up in the air as if a police had told me.

We laughed. A lot.

"So, tell me what's been going on." Alex said.

"Okay so I met the Toyman at his factory and he had these little tiny soldiers dressed like different people. Other superheroes I guess. Either way, some looked like me, some like Kal-El, some even like others I have never even heard of." I rambled

"No not about that. About the mysterious red streak. The Flash I think?"

"Oh. Well that's a sister talk. Meet me at my apartment in a half hour, I need food. You like donuts?"

"Now Kara, who doesn't like donuts!" She said as I skipped out the door. DONUTS!

As I finished getting the donuts, I went back to my apartment. I waited. Then there was a knock at my door.

"Kara?" the voice said. I x-rayed the door. It was only Alex. Phew.

"Doors open!" I shouted.

"Oh good. Jelly ones" she sat down across from me. "now tell me about everything!"

"Okay but we have to be really quiet. I think we may have snoops next door."

"Mph. New neighbours. Either way continue."

"Okay so now we have two villains on the loose. At the same time. Some how, Siobhan can scream at such a high frequency that she can shatter the sound barrier and push me out of the office. And the Toyman, but we can talk about him another time."

"You're kidding me. Siobhan? Like the one who got fired?"

"Yeah, her. So either way, I fell out of a window and disn have any sense of what was going on. I probably woul have died if it wasn't for the flash or whoever he was. He wore a scarlet suit with bronze coloured lightning bolts. He also wore a mask. So anyways, he can run, like at the speed of light fast. He's a superhero. When I regained conscience, he introduced his superhero side to me. When I said I didn't know who that was, he revealed his alter ego. Barry Allen"

"No. Way. But he's dead. The STAR Labs accelerator killed him. You were devastated over that Kara. You cried for a week. straight!"

"That's the thing. It didn't make sense. He started talking about this multiverse, how its true and stuff and I just couldn't get my hea wrapped around it. I started to say things like 'No, but you're dead' and stuff so then I just flew away. I couldn't take that pressure ."

"I get it Kara. But he would have realized it was you."

"That's another point I forgot to mention. I broke one of my glasses when I fell off of CatCo. Barry has only seen the glasses version of Kara. He didn't see that today."

"Kara, this is probably very overwhelming for you. I can only imagine. So if you can just avoid the glasses Kara coming in contact and slowly making contact through superhero connections, that might help."

"Thanks Alex. It was so funny though. He was speeding around trying to find the Toyman but he was so lost." We laughed. a lot.

Then there were three more knocks on the door. I x-rayed it quickly and then shoved on my glasses.

"It's Barry" I whispered to Alex. She was motionless, as was I.