The Coma

A/N: Just a quick thankyou to @booklover_demigod for the song that completely inspired how this would play out. Do people have like one huge dream while in a coma? If they dont, Kara will because she is an alien. Aliens can do weird things so that's okay right?! Realizing I'm rambling... onto the story! Xx -I

Song: Glowing in the Dark by The Girl and The Dreamcatcher

Kara's POV

For what felt like forever, my world was complete darkness. Then a bright light shined in my closed eyes.

When I opened them, I found myself back on Krypton standing next to my father and my mother. I looked down at myself. I was wearing the same clothes that I did when I left. That's when it came to me, I was re-living my life.

As they sent me on to earth, I cried. Though I didn't spend very long in the phantom zone I soon crashed on earth.

My cousin picked me up in my space pod but this time it was different. He started to sing as we walked towards Eliza, Alex and Jeremiah.

Then he left but Alex kept singing. She was the one who took me in under her wing. I got to relive some of our best sister bonding moments.

Then school came. And of course, when I bumped into Barry, he started to sing.

As we studied together for the first time, again, he was such a romantic. Something I'm only realizing now.

We continued on and then the glee club came. I was back to being the sweet Marley. My safe spot. I couldn't help but join them, and hey they didn't mind.

Then the scene quickly switched to Alex coming over to where I lived in Ohio, begging me to come with her since I graduated a year early. And of course I said yes.

It was all like a fantasy.

National City came, and so did my job at CatCo. And then the best part. Me becoming Supergirl. No one can take that away from me right?

So then comes the funny part. That one time Barry brought me to that karaoke bar and the glee club were there. We made up those stupid backstories. Oh were brothers and cousins of them that's why we look and sound just like them.

Then Barry grabbed my hand and started pulling me through all our memories. When he first came to National City by mistake. Then the Dominators. Then when he said he'd stay in NC just to be with me. And then he brought us to the rooftop where I finally revealed my true self to him.

And then all the bad things started to take over. All those Noires wanting to kill me. Basically the entire fort Rozz wanting to kill my mother but I would suffice. Me actually going to the dark side even though we never intended it. Rozz holding Barry and I prisoner. And then those memories stopped. I was left chained to the floor back in Rozz's holding place or whatever. Capable of hearing Barry but him not hearing me.

Then I broke. More like shattered to pieces. I cried. And I couldn't stop. Even when I was being dragged on to the next scene.

The scene where Barry and I have our first ever disagreement. I ccan't believe I did that to him. And then that battle with Sue. Holy shit I was starting to become more like a vigilante than a hero.

But when I was wounded and fell to the floor, this time before being swallowed in the black, I see Barry running to pull me out.

Then the coma ended. I am awake.

"Holy Shit! Where am I" Started to shout.

"Kara! Kara! Calm down yyou're back at the DEO. And yyou've been in a coma for the last nine weeks."

"NINE WEEKS ALEX! That's is not okay!" I shouted.

"Kara. Sue Sylvester almost killed you. You were lucky Barry pulled out the bullet in time to only put you in a coma."

"Barry. Where is Barry!!" I started to talk really fast.

"I think sshe's picking up on your habits Felicity" Alex said. "I will call him Kara. He will be here in."

"No time" Barry finished.

"Barry!" I said holding out my arms for a hug.

"I'm just glad you're okay sweetie."

We all shared this emotional moment and then they left me so the glee club could visit. They brought flowers and chocolates. How sweet of them.

"Hey Supergirl we're glad you're feeling alright"

"Thanks. So how'd it go over with Sue after?" I asked

"Oh she just committed suicide" Kitty said casually.

"So easier than expected" I summed it up.

"Well the Legends are waiting to come in and see you so we wwon't keep then waiting. Get well soon" Mr. Shue said. The rest were speechless.

"I am telling you guys that is a blonde Marley" Kitty said to the unholy trinity walking out.

"My superhearing still works Kitty and you're wrong!" I shouted as the legends and oliver walked in.

"Heyy!" I said sitting up.

"We didnt get you anything sorry" Sara said pulling up a chair.

"No no that's fine. I am just glad I got to see you all again. You know you were all in my coma. You each were there for the good times I have had." I said as they all hugged me. Except for Mick, who just gave me a piece of paper with his number on it.

"Call me skirt" He said, we all laughed.

"Well we hope you feel better" Dr. Stein said patting my back.

"Hopefully by the end of today you will be out of this bed" Ray said.

I laughed "yeah it's much worse than you'd think"

As they left, Oliver stayed behind.

"You know in some ways you remind me of my little sister. Speedy" He said. "Thanks for coming back. I don't know what Barry would have done without you." He walked out.

Wow. Something nice said to me by Oliver Queen. That's a first.

Eliza and Alex came back in followed of course by Barry.

"You will be free to go in about two hours. Just to make sure you don't have a seizure or another coma" Alex said as Barry sat on the bed.

"Barry you know the rules!" Alex shouted as she and Eliza left.

"I know! YYou've recited the Barry AAllen's Guide to being alone in a medical room with Kara to me five times in the last nine weeks. AND I DON'T NEED A SIXTH" He said.

I just lalaughed

"Thank you for everything" I said to him

"But I didn't do anything."

"It's what you did in my coma dream that saved me." I hugged him. "And I think yyou're right. We should tell the glee club" I said.

"We don't have to if you really don't want to." He said

"No. I want to" I said. He was the dreamcatcher. I was the girl. Our lives just went together and nothing could change it.