Holding Out For A Hero

Kara's POV

*Listen to Glee's Holding Out For A Hero*

So far I was glad with how this was turning out. It was all going according to plan.

1) Text Barry and make him go to CatCo as Flash
2) leave as Supergirl then get Kara to go with him
3) have Caitlin, Cisco and Winn join me on the roof with speaker.

As Winn pushed play, Holding Out For A Hero started to play. The same acoustic track Glee used. I started to sing and I was so happy when I did. I was finally coming out with the truth to him.

When the chorus came the words were so meaningful.

"I need a hero!!, I'm holding out for a hero 'till the end of the night. She's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and they've got to be fresh from the fight!" I changed the words and added a few actions to go with it. It was amazing to share the vocals with Cisco with Cait and Winn dancing in the background.

I sang the second verse and chorus and then kissed him. It was a long kiss and then it we to the bridge. I started to take my hair out of the ponytail and then I turned around to take off my glasses. Before the last part of the song I fell. Winn pushed the pause button after fading it out.

"KARA!" Barry screamed as I fell.

I think he finally felt how I did when I lost him on this earth.

All that was left was step five. I just hoped he wouldn't hate me and ignore me forever. What was so sweet though was when I jumped off the building, I heard him start to cry.

I used my superspeed to change into Supergirl an then flew back up. I seen him crying. Winn pushed play and I finished the song as Supergirl.

"Su- Supergirl?" He said wiping away the tears.

"Barry. You and I are titled worlds finest for many reasons. Our great partner ship, our strength and powers and what you now understand, our chemistry."

"I'm sorry what? Supergirl I have a girlfriend" He tried to say but was overly confused

"Yes. I know that Barry. I have a boyfriend. What I'm trying to say is that, Kara is dead. I couldn't save her." I joked. "KIDDING!"

"SUPERGIRL! I WILL GO BACK TO MY EARTH AND GET MY FRIEND THE GREEN ARROW TO SHOOT AN ARROW THROUGH YOUR HEAD IF YOU DO THT AGAIN!" He shouted at me.

"Barry. Calm down. I'm not that bad at my job. Now about the chemistry. We go way way back"

"Yeah. We started working together almost half a year ago. It's been amazing"

"Yeah. Well even further. You just never knew. I know things about you Barry Allen. You became friends with your girlfriend Kara Danvers in the ninth grade at Midvale. In grade ten, you went to dalton as Sebastien Smythe and she went to McKinley as sweet Marley Rose. You helped her pass though she was failing at the beginning. You worked freaking miracles for that girl. You helped her succeed. After eleventh grade ended. You were moving to Central City for twelfth grade. To spend every last second possible with her, you my friend. Went to Camp Universe."

"Wait wait wait! How do you know this."

"Shut up and listen. You've always had such a short attention spam haven't you Seb? Now at Camp Universal, you injured yourself very badly. Kara saved you from falling down and possibly dying. It's always puzzled you. Now lets see who could save you now. Three answers on this earth. The Flash, who didn't exist at that time, Superman, or me. Supergirl."

His eyes were as wide as I've ever seen them.

"Barry. Please don't kill me for not telling you sooner. I just wasn't ready. Barry. Look at me." I pulled my hair into a ponytail and placing my glasses on my face. That's when I turned around. "Let me reintroduce myself. Hi, my name is Kara Danvers. Well actually Kara Zor-El. I am Supergirl from planet Krypton"

"I-- I have no words for how much I want to throw you off this building right now." He laughed sarcastically "You ccoulda trusted me though. Kara you know how much I wanted to know what you were hiding under those glasses which I could tell were fake."

"I know. I just wanted to make sure. People change sometimes. It killed me though knowing your half of the bargain and you not knowing mine. So I had a wee bit of help from those guys over there"

"You knew!" He laughed.

"I knew since Kara decided she wanted to be Supergirl but these two, well they just found out today" Winn explained.

"Come here!" He said pulling us in for a group hug. That's when I heard a camera click. I seem James take a picture I would love for the rest of my life.

As we made our way to our superfriends room downstairs I got really excited.

"Now this I have been waiting to show you guys since we teamed up. And Winn, I may have done a bit of work on it" I said placing my hand on the handle. "You ready!" I got really excited.

"Yeah!" They all agreed.

"Okay!" I opened the door. They all followed me inside and I flicked on the lights. I had painted the walls a nice bronze colour that had red, blue and scarlet accents here and there. The couches had pillows that I asked Eliza to make me that had the House of El coat of arms on one and the Flash symbol on the other. Paintings and photos were hung on the wall and then I handed them each a key.

Barry's was scarlet with a gold lightning bolt on it, Cisco's resembled the lenses on his vibe glasses and Caitlin's was just plain black with the top dipped turquoise.

"Welcome to the superflashyfriends" I said. "Sorry Winn. The old name had to be updated" I said. That's when I turned around and seen he was almost ccrying

"Are you crying!?" I asked him

"No. Nope. It's my contact lenses"he tried to clear himself up.

"You're not wearing any. I do have X-ray vision you know"

"Kara!" He screamed. We all laughed.

As the rest of the night went on, Winn told Caitlin and Cisco these funny stories while Barry and I sat down and talked.

"So Alex. You guys are finally getting along outside of your house" Barry playfully punched my arm

"Yeah. I guess we are. Listen," I started but he put a finger over my mouth.

"I know. I'm just glad you told me."

"I guess we were both holding out for a hero huh" I said cuddling into his arms.

When I stood up, I felt something sharp hit the side of my arm. My head was dizzy, I started to loose sight of Barry and I was being dragged away. The last thing I remember was hearing Barry shouting my name and sort of seeing him run to get the others.