Secrets and Lies

Barry's POV

I was finally going to straighten things out with Kara. No matter how awkward it may be, I need to do what has to be done. For mine, Cisco and Caitlin's sake.

We met at Noonan's at 7 and I ordered us both vanilla lattes.

"So... I have to ask. Jave you been avoiding me since our Glee encounter. Because I swear Marley is finished. Never to be brought to surface again" She asked.

"No no no Kit." he laughed "II've just been really busy trying to find a job." I lied.

"You're a god damn forensic scientist. NCPD would be lucky to have such an intelligent mind like yours"

"Ha. The boss is a lot tougher than you think. I have to go to a trial. With seven other guys." I told the story of how Joe had to hire me. Even if I was his adoptive son.

We laughed and small talked.

"Excuse me. I need to go to the ladies room. I'll be out soon though" She said. Meanwhile, I checked Facebook and Snapchat for a while to see what news was happening. Nothing.

"How boring is my life." I said to myself.

"Not so boring Mr. Allen. Meet me at the top of CatCo in precisely two minutes. You won't regret it. -Supergirl" Supergirl texted me.

I waited for Kara to come out of the bathroom and when she did, I quickly made up an excuse.

"Hey, Kara. Can we take a rain check. Cisco just texted me and I really need to get to him. Caitlin is throwing up." I lied.

"Okay... I'll see you sooner than you think" She kissed me on the cheek and walked out.

I oddly just stood there for a minute and thought to myself what it meant. Was it a hint. Or just an expression to make me feel better about ditching her to see Supergirl.

I walked 'briskly' out of Noonan's and made a sharp left turn. The opposite direction of Kara. I found an alley to hide my clothes and I speedily changed into my scarlet speedster outfit.

I found CatCo luckily and sped up the side of the building to the roof.

"Hello? Supergirl?" I shouted.

That's when she flew down next to her cousin Superman.

"Ah. The Flash. I'm glad you could make it on a two minutes notice."

"Yeah. You made me rain check my date"

"Oh I'm completely aware. I was eavesdropping on it. I have x-ray vision and superhearing you know. So does he"

"Why is he here?" I asked saucily

"To make sure I don't back out. I called him here to help me. When it comes to truth and honesty, Alex and Henshaw know I like to back out." I eexplained

"Yeah. And she is my big kryptonian cousin and my little human cousin" He explained. I shot a strange look at them as she appeared to be younger but maybe kryptonians get younger with age. I've never visited another planet. Especially not Krypton.

"Flash, you might wanna sit." She offered. I sat as she and her cousin landed.

"I haven't been brutally honest with you. And that, The Flash had been killing me." She admitted.

"Just call me Barry. I know your cousin doesn't really know but what's the deal if another superhero knows my name. We all have our secret identities when we put on the mask or outfit."

"You might hate me for the rest of my life after I tell you this... Ah. I cant." She said walking away.

"Supergirl!" I said. Her cousin didn't flinch though.

She walked down the stairs. Her cousin then stood up and followed her.

That's when Kara called.

"Hey Big B. Where are you. Is Caitlin alright."

"Yeah. False alarm. She just threw up from not liking the taste. Cisco had it wrong." I made. Up an answer.

"Well then how about I meet you on the helicopter pad at CatCo for a picnic. I will run home and grab it. I just finished my work that I was going to take home"

"That sounds great. I'm super close to CatCo. I forgot my jacket at the coffee shop." I said.

"Kay. Love you babe" she hung up. I decided to speed back down to the alley, change and then walk to CatCo.

Once I made my way up the manual way. By stairs, Kara was already there.

"Barry! You're always late" I said.

"Sorry! But do you like donuts"

"Yeah. Who doesn't like donuts" she said with a huge grin on her face

"Well here you are. 24 jelly donuts in apology for Cisco ruining our coffee get together"

We laughed.

"Barry. I haven't been telling you everything. I have had this weight on my shoulder and I want to take it off. Honestley, you might not wanna be my girlfriend after I tell you something that is really important to me but I'm willing to accept that. If I can be honest" She said

"Kara. No matter who or what you are. What you want to do, where you're going, I will love you"

"Okay." She stood up. "Barry, I've been avoiding something since I was thirteen. The same year I moved in with Alex and my foster family. I am different from everyone else, in ways you'll only understand if I show you. And what's even worse, I know something about you that you do not want anyone else to know. And the worst part about this all for me, you are right." She rambled

"C'mon Marls. Your rambling again! Right about what?" I always called her that when she rambled. It was a Marley thing

That's when she shut me up and kissed me. And then a real surprise and as Cisco, Winn and Caitlin walked onto the roof with a large bluetooth speaker. When she started to sing, I was so happy. I hadn't seen that side of Kara since we left Ohio.