2: secrets and more secrets

"What happened to her?" Derek muttered as soon as he had come out of Grace's room, making Melissa look up at him with saddened eyes

"What happened to her?" Derek muttered as soon as he had come out of Grace's room, making Melissa look up at him with saddened eyes. She sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

          "Trust me, that's what the police-- well, I have been wondering," Melissa looked down, "From what sheriff Stilinski could tell me, the whole department believes it was that she crashed her car into something-- probably a tree or something nearby-- yet, the bruises on her body showed no normal bruising car crash survivors show."

          "What do you mean?"

         "Well, what I mean is.." She let out a breath as she looked around, "There are signs of asphyxiation, as if someone was strangling her. No signs of anyone else in her car and you being the witness, I'm sure they've asked if you saw anyone else when you found her... Yet, they've discarded her case."

          "Well, what do you think happened, Melissa?"

          "Well, I'm not entirely sure-- maybe it's that I don't want to believe it-- but there's no bruising on her neck that suggests strangulation. It looks like she just.. stopped breathing on her own; like her throat closed and instead of immediately going unconscious, she slipped into a coma after various minutes of her brain being shut off completely from oxygen. I wish I could have more information, Derek, but they haven't let me examine her body and quite frankly I'd prefer not to enter her room for now."

          Their conversation was put to a halt once Melissa caught sight of her son walking towards them. She cleared her throat to catch Derek's attention and motioned for him to look back to where Scott was. Scott looked up to Derek, pursing his lips as he put his hands in his pockets. He dreaded to be in the hospital. Mainly because every time he entered he was faced by the fear that his sister, vulnerably lying in a bed, unable to move, came closer to not waking up. It was true. While she sat in a never ending nightmare of the coma she was in, the doctors were nowhere near figuring out what happened to her and how to treat her.

     "What's wrong, honey?" Melissa asked, knowing her son was even more distressed than usual.

     "Nothing, I just..," he started, looking down, "How's Grace?"

     Melissa sighed and Scott nodded, taking that as his answer. Scott motioned for Derek to enter Grace's room with him, leaving Melissa to check once again on Lydia. As they entered the cold room Grace stood in, Scott shut the door and looked at Derek. "What happened to her?"

          Derek sighed, "Scott, I--I wish I knew."

          "But--but you don't just stop breathing, do you? I--I mean it must be something supernatural, right?" Scott tried to make sense to what happened to his sister, hoping Derek had any idea of what happened to her.