6: drowning on a glass of water

The only thing that ran through Grace's mind was the crippling conversation she had participated in last night as Isaac tumbled and fell once again on his supposed training

The only thing that ran through Grace's mind was the crippling conversation she had participated in last night as Isaac tumbled and fell once again on his supposed training. Erica and Isaac kept doing the same exact movements try after try, failing each and every time, yet Grace was far too sucked in on her pool of thoughts, she didn't pay a single second of attention to their "training" as she stood by the side, replaying last night's events in her head once again. Se looked up at Derek, her coffee brown eyes tugging at his features before she was led to think about the conversation again.

It had all started as soon as the clock read 8:14 pm. Grace sat inside the abandoned train in that same station, not bothering to look up at Derek's face as soon as he had entered. "Do you know what I am?"

Derek sighed before nodding slowly. "Then, you might enlightening me, 'cause everyone else seems to know except me," she said, her voice drowned in exasperation. She just wanted answers. She was tired of all the secrets and half-spoken truths she was receiving. Derek sighed before walking a bit closer to her, stopping as he saw her body tense up.

"It's called an aswang," he said, making her send him a confused glare, "Well, 'Aswang' is referred to the various types of creatures that belong to the group," he said, trying to remember the words Deaton had told him, "There are a lot of groups, which is why Deaton asked me to keep an eye on you; to see which one you are. The thing is, it looks like you have characteristics of all of them."

"And that means?"

"Well, your attraction to blood, your ability to show people memories or retrieve them, and, well, your wings," Derek said, his muscled body sitting down in front of her.

"So that all came from when you gave me the bite?" She asked, both of them looking at anywhere but themselves as the topic of that night was mentioned.

"I am sorry, you know that, right?" He whispered, his velvety voice laced with guilt. Grace's features twisted with anger as she looked at him.

"Sorry? You're sorry?" She laughed.

"You were gonna die!" He sighed, his eyes with tears threatening to fall as he remembered the fear of losing her.

"I would rather die than live like this!" She spat without thinking, making him gasp softly, his green eyes piercing into hers, making tears stream down her face, "Why didn't you tell me?" She whispered softly as her eyes fell to her lap, knowing that he'd knew exactly what she was talking about.

Derek took a sharp intake of breath, his thoughts wreaking havoc in his head. He didn't know what he was thinking, the moment he saw the condom had broken, he panicked and the only thing he could do was lie. The next thing he knew, she was muttering out his name as her heart was stopping, so there wasn't much he could do after that. And so, with the same panic in his head the only thing he managed to do was lie, yet again. "I--I though you would leave me," he muttered.