10: full moon rebirth

Grace stood next to Erica with her arms crossed over her chest as Derek opened the trunk he had filled with chains, the lid revealing the same spirals he had tattooed on the back of his neck, catching the attention of everyone in the room

     Grace stood next to Erica with her arms crossed over her chest as Derek opened the trunk he had filled with chains, the lid revealing the same spirals he had tattooed on the back of his neck, catching the attention of everyone in the room. Grace walked next to Derek, examining the various chains he had stored. "What's that?" Isaac asked, bending down to trace the spirals.

     "It's a triskele," Boyd said rapidly, making Derek look back at him with an amused look, surprised that he knew what it was, "Spirals mean different things: past, present, and future, mother, father, and child."

     "You know what it means to me?" Derek asked Boyd.

     "Alpha, beta, omega?"

     "That's right," Derek said with a smirk, "It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to beta or even omega."

     "Like Scott?" Isaac asked, making Grace tense up.

     Derek and Grace both gave Isaac the same disapproving look, Derek bending down to take the chains out of the trunk, "Scott's with us."

     "Oh really? Then, where is he now?" Isaac retorted, raising an eyebrow at Derek.

     Grace scoffed, walking closer to Derek to face Isaac with furrowed eyebrows. "He's looking for Jackson," Derek said nonchalantly, "Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight, either. None of us are. There's a price you pay for this kind of power," Derek started, taking out one of the chains that resembled a bear trap, "You get the ability to heal. But, tonight, you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

     "Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica said, making everyone burst out a chuckle. Derek glanced at Grace's smile before  looking at Erica, holding up a chain that resembled a crown with nails on the sides.

     "Well, this one's for you," he said with a fake smile, making Erica look at him with an amused look.

     "How kinky," Erica teased, making Derek roll his eyes, "Well, Grace would be the only lucky one to know that for sure."

     Grace let out a laugh as Derek's eyes widened, covering her face in embarrassment as her cheeks turned a dark crimson, nervous giggles coming out of her as she looked at the floor, not bothering to look around as Derek continued to assign chains for the rest of the pack, his cheeks sharing the same color as hers as he tried not to laugh at Grace's embarrassed features.

...

     "Derek it's just a party. Besides, it's my third full moon, I think I have it under control," Grace tried to reason, Derek letting out an exasperated sigh, his lips pursed in disagreement.

     "Grace, it's not safe," he said softly, "I don't want anything happening to you."

     Grace looked down, her heart fluttering at the softness of his voice, "It's 9:30. Party starts at 10 o'clock. I'll be back here at 11:30, earlier if I feel... homicidal," She compromised, Derek clenching his jaw softly as his jade green eyes pierced into her features, "I'll be careful, okay? Trust me."