3: complete and utter chaos

The reason everyone dreaded that night was simple: it was the night Grace lost control

     The reason everyone dreaded that night was simple: it was the night Grace lost control. For, Derek, apart from the news he had to deliver, he dreaded that night because he thought he should've stayed. Because maybe if he stayed, Grace wouldn't have lost control. Because from that moment on, everything plummeted. Everyone's reasons as to why that night was the worst varied, but no one stopped to wonder what Grace thought about that night. What she felt. She was the one who suffered most, after all.

As the news left Derek's lips, Grace started to lose her grip over control. As her hands shook vigorously, panic took over as she saw the tips of her claws go over her fingertips. As her heart beat accelerated to dangerous levels, she drew heavy breaths as she ran to the bathroom, ignoring how the fact that she should have muscle dystrophia after not moving in almost three months. She looked at herself in the mirror, widening her eyes as she saw her eyes turn another color, yet it wasn't yellow or blue; it was a light shade of violet.

She was starting to lose her grip on control as she felt panic looking at her reflection. So, without another thought, she ripped the bathroom window open and crawled out, the light from the full moon shining on her body as she ran. Away from her problems, away from sanity, away from control.

As she found herself in the woods, she plopped down on the dirt as she let the tears fall. Memories flashed through her brain, making her seethe with rage yet she cried harder. She gripped her stomach tightly as she remembered the signs she chose to ignore. When she overheard the nurses saying her period was weeks late, when she felt bloated and had gained over three pounds overnight, even though she wasn't on her period. When she told Lydia and she asked Grace if she had done the dirty with Derek. When Derek suddenly went quiet after they had done it in her bedroom. It hit her like a truck. She was so stupid. So unbelievably oblivious to the signs right in front of her.

She wanted to scream. So she did. But she covered her mouth, whispering in horror as she heard what came out. It wasn't a scream; it was a growl. So loud it reached the hospital to Scott and Derek. Derek immediately ran out of the hospital, hopping in his black Camaro and racing to the location where he heard Grace. His heart had been completely crushed and he was sure he had lost her, but he couldn't let her go out on a full moon alone. She was still his responsibility.

Scott and Stiles had stayed in the hospital, which Scott regretted fondly, because Lydia had now escaped the hospital as well. It was a night of horrors. And the Argents were now after Lydia and probably Grace. Whichever one they crossed paths with first.

As Grace smelled the all-too-familiar smell of Derek's cologne, she ran, so fast it felt like she was flying. As she ran, tears fell on her cheeks, the cold breeze hitting her face like a shower of ice, yet her mind was still rolling on the fact that she was screwed. Completely and utterly screwed.