5: ice rink drama

Grace was knocked off her thoughts as she heard the distinctive sound of heels come through the abandoned train station, making her turn around in curiosity

     Grace was knocked off her thoughts as she heard the distinctive sound of heels come through the abandoned train station, making her turn around in curiosity. An unknown blonde entered, Isaac and Derek closely behind her, scoffing softly as she laid her eyes on Grace. "How does it not surprise me that Grace McCall could actually be more perfect than I imagined?"

     Grace let out a small laugh, crossing her arms over her chest. "I know, right?" Isaac said as he flashed Grace a flirtatious smile.

     "I think you both have the wrong Grace McCall," she scoffed.

     The blonde rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging at her lips, "Are you kidding? You were already perfect when I looked at you last semester, now I know you're a werewolf?"

     "Not a werewolf," Grace said, looking at Derek for a split second before glancing back at the familiar blonde.

     "Are you kidding me? You're human?!"

     "No," Grace laughed, "But I'm not a werewolf, either. It's a long story."

     "Oh, well, I'm Erica, in case you didn't recognize me," Erica said, her chocolate brown eyes glistening up at her as if Grace was her favorite celebrity.

     "Erica Reyes?"

     "Yep."

     Grace looked at Derek, knowing exactly how he persuaded Erica into being a werewolf. "Oh! So th-that means you're like, um, part of the pack now?"

     "Well, yeah, that's why Derek gave me the bite," Erica said, her brown eyes scanning Derek's face, trailing back to his body, yet he didn't notice, his eyes solely on Grace, looking down as Grace connected the dots on his persuasion method.

     She scoffed softly before turning her back on the three, putting her phone in the back pocket of her skinny jeans and taking Derek's car keys. She turned on her heel, her white vans tapping against the floor as she walked past them. "Where are you going?" Derek asked softly as Grace walked up the stairs.

     "School."

     "You can't go to the school, you're a fugitive," Isaac said, smirking a bit as he muttered the rest, "We're fugitives."

     "Well, that's where Erica comes in," Grace said making Erica's eyes snap up to her direction, a smile decorating her features as she walked up the stairs behind Grace.

     "You can't drive," Derek said, his velvety voice echoing through the abandoned station, the same voice that used to bring a smile on her face now brought her blood to boil in anger.