4: the full moon

Grace's silver vehicle stood parked on the corner next to her house as the teen debated on whether or not she should enter

     Grace's silver vehicle stood parked on the corner next to her house as the teen debated on whether or not she should enter. Her fingers nervously drummed on the wheel as she took a deep breath. Yet, just as her hands were about to open the car door, she rapidly stood back on the seat, starting her car and driving away. Anxiety pumped through her veins as she drove away from the street she grew up on. She couldn't do it. Not yet. It was too soon, that she knew. She also knew she was a creature without a pack and her best friend's family had declared war against every supernatural creature roaming Beacon Hills.

     And the only Alpha she knew of was the one person she never wanted to see again in her life. Yet, she had realized something: there were much more important things than her pain and her conflicts, so she needed to suck it up and try to survive. Which meant the first thing she needed to do was get a pack.

As she drove, her jaw clenched slightly as she thought about her needing to be in a pack, which consisted on talking to Derek, and ultimately joining him. She turned towards an alley, gasping slightly as she saw someone get in front of her car, her feet stopping the car before her mind could even register she was going to hit someone. She let out a breath, her lights shining at the person in front of her car, which turned out to be Isaac. He seemed to be having some type of anxiety attack, the stench hitting her nostrils, making her rapidly get out of her car, taken aback by the sudden cold rain drops now on her body. She went towards the boy, his eyes furrowing as he saw a figure coming towards him, then relaxing a bit as he saw it was her.

"Hey, um, are you okay?" She asked, crouching down next to him. He stood there, unable to respond to the girl in front of him. She helped him get up and guided him to her car. As soon as she entered, she turned up the heat, getting out of the alley and stopping in the side of the street.

"Sorry, I-I know this kinda looks like I kid napped you, but it's freezing and raining outside and you were in the middle of having an attack of something," she said, turning towards the shaggy haired boy, slightly furrowing her eyes as she noticed he kept his hands hidden.

She looked back at the wheel, sighing before looking back at Isaac. "Can I get you somewhere? Um, your house or—"

"N-not my house," he said rapidly, making Grace furrow her eyebrows yet shake it off, she wasn't one to question him for not wanting to go to his house, "I, um, I know a place."

She looked back at him, his ocean blue eyes piercing into hers, igniting a sudden silence in the vehicle. His breathing turned irregular as he awkwardly broke the stare between the two. As she reached for her pocket to take her phone, she sighed as she figured she must've dropped it in the alley. "Shit. I'll be right back," she said, making the blue eyed boy look at her with wide eyes as if the thought of being alone for a few minutes in her car was the end of the world, "I'll be back as fast as I can, okay? Don't go anywhere."