8: welcome to adulthood

Derek wasted no time before he sprinted towards the hissing creature, making Grace look at Scott with frantic eyes

     Derek wasted no time before he sprinted towards the hissing creature, making Grace look at Scott with frantic eyes. Stiles motioned Scott to get inside his Jeep, the teens sprinting towards the car as Allison took Lydia to hers and Boyd started carrying Isaac and Erica. The raven haired teen sighed as she remembered the times where Scott and her where like nails and flesh, always together even in the dark times, and now how she was alone, with no place to be, no place were she belonged. She was about to spread her wings before she remembered that Lydia was still there, sprinting towards the direction Derek went at full speed, stopping as she reached a place where she couldn't be seen by anyone.

     Stiles's blue Jeep sped beside her as she panted for breath, her vision still a bit spotty from her head being smashed against the wall by Isaac. As adrenaline kicked in, she ran behind the Jeep, her feet slowly elevating from the ground as she felt her wings start to spread, flying over the hood of Stiles's car, getting inside by the side window on the backseat, which was open and waiting for her.

     "Hello boys," she greeted breathlessly, having both of the boys's eyes glued on her. She furrowed her eyebrows before understanding as she saw the tips of her wings barely fitting in the backseat. She took a breath before shifting back, her wings transforming themselves into her back, leaving no trace on her slightly tanned skin.

     Grace's head snapped as she smelled the familiar scent of Derek's cologne, indicating they were close to where Derek and Jackson were. The teenage girl leaped out of the car, her body rolling against the gravelly street before she ran towards the smell in the dark of night. She slowed down a bit as she heard grunting and hissing, realizing they were fighting, probably until either of them died. She ran towards them, getting there as the kanima cut the electric circuit there, causing a blinding light to emit in the dark place, making Derek and Grace cover their eyes, the occasion Jackson used to take Derek by the fabric of his shirt and throw him away from him. Grace ran towards them, stopping instantly as she heard the sound of a car revving, its headlights shielding Chris Argent's figure as he stepped out of it with guns blazing. Grace gasped as she quickly ran towards Derek, carrying him by his arms as she flew upward and away from under the bridge but not before they could both see the kanima crawling towards Gerard, the old man completely and eerily calm around the creature.

     The winged teen grunted as she struggled with Derek's weight, settling him down on the floor gently as soon as they were far enough from the Argents and Jackson. Derek looked at her winged body next to him, watching her plop down on the floor next to him as she gripped her head, the pain coming back as the adrenaline faded from her body. He let out a frustrated breath as he looked at her in anger, "Why did you do that? I had him!"

     "Yeah, you and the Argents, who would've killed both of you without a second thought," Grace retorted, glaring at the alpha as her head pounded, feeling blood trail out of her injury in the back of her head. Her vision started to blur as she moaned in pain, making Derek's eyebrow's furrow in confusion as the anger rapidly faded from his body. As she lost her balance, Derek caught her before her body touched the ground.