Chapter 6

Fabian had been working in his room on some paperwork when the alert went off. It startled him. There had been a drill on both semesters, so everyone quickly headed for the secured stairs to go down to the saferoom bunker. He quickly grabbed his laptop and joined the wolves heading down. He could hear all the shutters slamming closed, turning the packhouse into attack resistant, but not attack proof.

Hitting the stairs, he stayed one of the last ones, and secured the door after making sure everyone was clear on the floor. He was no weak cat. His Snow Leopard had sharp claws too, and would fight for those under his protection. Even if it was a drill, there would be no announcement till everyone was inside the bunker and the drill was over.

Making it to the bunker, a couple of Betas were there, and closed the door behind him, which startled him; neither drill did they do that. "This is no drill." Rachel said, confirming what he thought, "We have a Class One Rogue that is within the territory, and it was decided to secure all those less able to fight. Nobody is to leave here without permission."

Fabian started at that, and quickly pulled up a list of students and started checking those off that were here. Others were doing that for the pack as well.

Mind touching those in the bunker below the gym, he got confirmation that everyone from the school was accounted for. Several of the instructors moved to join the inner defence line, for if the Alphas and their wolves failed to stop the rogue from getting into the pack's inner territory.

Many wolves had started praying to Luna to help the alphas. Others were clumped together looking scared. Others wanted to go out and help them fight.

Fabian stood in front of the door to keep them in. "We must stay here." He kept telling them, "If we go out looking for the fight, we will distract the Alphas from their fight and they will fail. They have wolves with them, and there are others outside already."

He wanted to sit down and pray as well, but he knew his duty to help the pack. This was the best place he has ever been; it was almost made with them in mind. He had known the fourth floor had been redone for them, but he thought the rest had already been in the plans.

Sitting down to block the door when finally, nobody else was trying to leave, he went back to his paperwork; he could continue doing it, as long as there was power.

Even the bunkers were designed with some comfort in mind, for longer stays. They could house the pack for days or weeks without a problem, and there was food and water available. Many had settled down with computers or books, trying to relax after giving the prayers, knowing if they got really upset there was nowhere they could go to be alone. It was better than the bare concrete rooms they had before at the last pack.

Fabian agreed with that, having seen many pack's safe areas. Some were weak, about as strong as the packhouse above them, basically only paying lip service to protecting the pack. There were a few that didn't give much thought to the lowest, that he had been raised needed to be protected at all times. He was glad the pack here followed that, and had not one but two main bunkers. There were rumours of other smaller ones for the patrols, but nobody would confirm or deny them, but if there was, he thought it was a nice touch, showing the Alphas here cared about their pack, and knew there was times the wolves couldn't get to the main shelters in a reasonable time.

*****

Zane and many of the students were secured in the Safe room bunker under the gym due to the alert, Zane was still in a horrible mood and it showed. He was doing his best to be polite but the snarls and growls of his wolf showed as he talked. Thankfully, it appeared, Brook or someone had contacted his instructors about what was going on. One small blessing was a certain instructor wasn't on the schedule for the day or it could have gotten messy. The instructor was a picky fussy idiot who demanded absolute respect.