Chapter 9

Esther didn't wait for Mike to answer, "As the Luna I am going to say no. It wouldn't be good for him. If you took him to the holding cells, even with reassurances, he would assume the worst. He would expect to be placed in a cell and locked up until such time as he was tried and killed." She had worked with him long enough to have a good idea of how his thought processes worked. With rogues, he was... Very sensitive to the various aspects.

Adam nodded, "I wasn't sure. But I do agree, right now I would almost expect him to lock himself in a cell, and refuse to let us get him out. I think we need to relax and let our minds regroup." He said, not expecting much more from the discussion. "I'm thinking we leave Zane out till he can meet with Bethany and discuss what he did to her. She may be the best to actually talk to him."

Esther nodded since they had covered what was needed, "I am going to go and talk some more with Zane's wolf. He is going to need to manage Zane's body for the time being. Eat, sleep, that sort of thing. Our only other option would be to knock both out, which isn't an idea I like. We need to be able to communicate with his wolf to keep track on how he is doing. As far as the physical injuries I am sure they will be healed soon enough. I just hope this doesn't bring back memories of waking from his coma. We will deal with that down the road as needed." Esther didn't like the idea but if needed they would bring him home and go from there. She stood and glanced at Mike and the others, "Go say good night to Zane and let Adam or whoever show you to your rooms." She was all business since she was his Luna and he needed her.

Mike walked into the room after Esther and leaned over and gave Zane a light hug, "Get well soon Zane. You didn't do wrong and that is a fact. You saved a life and we will go from there." He turned and left the room with Annie. She had collected their toddler from him since she needed to eat.

After leaving the doctor's office she went back to the other room and quietly walked in. Right now, wasn't a good time to try and be silent. With everything that happened to Zane, if his wolf was startled, it could end up being bad for everyone. If he woke to find he had hurt someone while asleep, Zane would feel even worse, "Olivia, Oscar, someone is going to show you to your room. I am ordering you to get some sleep. We are going to be having shifts of people in the room to be with Zane at all times. Each shift is going to be eight hours long. The rest of the time you are to be doing homework, trying to relax with wolves you are getting to know and even hunting."

When Olivia sighed, and stood she moved over to Esther and leaned against her. There was so much she wanted to say or ask but was to scared to. While the adults were out of the room Melody had told her and Oscar how bad his injuries were. They couldn't say much about his being asleep but physically they could. The list was horribly long and she honestly couldn't believe he was still alive, "Yes Luna." She stepped out of the room and silently followed someone to the room they were assigned.

Oscar wrapped his arms around Olivia and walked with her to the room they would be assigned to, "A warm bath and then bed. Food as well so we sleep well. We are here for Zane and he will recover. I am sure of that." He was doing what he could to comfort his mate.

As they didn't have any other guests, Adam put them in the guest wing. "I had a meal made for you, and they will be delivered shortly. Also, if you need anything to eat, there is always food out. There is also a hotspring inside the greenhouse, and you are welcome to use it." Turning to Oscar and Olivia, "If you need anything, even if it is just a hug, you can come to us as well."

Oscar met his eyes before submitting, "Thank you Alpha and if we need anything we'll ask. Good night." He led Olivia into the room and waited for the food to be delivered. Once they had eaten, he almost had to force her to the bath and then bed. Once she was finally in bed he stripped down to his shorts and crawled in. He had made sure she was only in her shorts as well. For this she needed the skin contact so the mating bond would work the best. It took a while before both fell into a troubled sleep.