Chapter 22 - Punishments

Author Note: I would recommend not eating while dealing with the first part of the chapter, as it is a bit detailed of dealing with waste...

Connor shuddered as he headed home; hoping the fact he hadn't had any punishment duties in the last semester meant that he wouldn't be punished any more. He also had passed all the classes. He shuddered as he thought back to his punishments, and glad he could rest this holiday...

~~~Flashback

Getting up the morning after he had Brook walk her staff up and down his body, before switching to using her hand to leave it all bruised was very painful, he groaned as he woke up; his entire body hurt! He ended up rolling out of bed, but that was even more painful as his shins and knees complained bitterly about the treatment. It was bad enough to startle a yelp out of him.

Snickering came from the other bunks, "You shouldn't have given Brook so much back talk." Came from one roommate, that had been there for the offence, "From the gleam in her eyes, she had been looking for someone to punish. Then you gave her several hours to work up the exact best punishment for you! I hope you scrub down before you come back from the punishment detail!" He shuddered, "I had been on a tour of the waste treatment systems, and I stunk after only an hour there!"

Connor groaned, "Just kill me now! I hurt!" he moaned, "Would she accept that I'm not able to move?" he wondered.

Another roommate laughed, "Only if you want to follow Bijay in being escorted home in disgrace. I have a contact in a nearby pack, that Bijay was demoted to unranked for the insult to the pack and for attacking the host Alphas. His parents almost disowned him, too. They are not happy."

Connor shuddered, "I already have one punishment, I don't need more." He crawled into the shower stall, and turned the water on. The cold numbed but was soon replaced with warm that soothed him a little. He still was very stiff and didn't know how much work he would get done today.

Eventually, he limped into the dining room, where a she-wolf took pity on him and helped him get a plate of food so he could eat. When he finished his breakfast, he found he had an older wolf, that he could smell from across the table, grinning at him. In his mind his wolf whined and was miserable, but knew they deserved the punishment. He nodded, and lead him out of the room.

He was lead into the depths of the building, given white coveralls, heavy rubber boots, and told to tape the seam, then handed gloves, then they taped each other's on, before putting on a mask with a faceshield. His wolf was whimpering in the back of their mind, not enjoying this at all.

Going through an airlock, they were on a catwalk over an empty settling tank. It was covered in a thick crust of goo... Connor shuddered and tried not to think about where it came from. Even with the mask and suit, he could smell the waste of everyone who was there. This was from the toilets and kitchen; it was not the relatively clean water from the showers and tubs that was just filtered then stored to be used in the toilets...

"We have six hours before the holding tank fills, we have to have it all scrubbed down." The wolf said, as if he was bored. Dangling the pressure washer wands over the edge, far enough down the three-metre hole, and a bucket of other tools beside them, he climbed down a ladder hanging off the railing.

Conner let out a whimper shared with his wolf as they stiffly climbed down the ladder.

"Send it down that drain." The wolf ordered, "We work from the far end. Watch your step, as it is very slippery."

The tank was four metres on a side, with the drain in one corner. Starting in the opposite corner, which had the inlet near it, and a closed valve, Conner shuddered to think what was on the other side...