Chapter 16 - Heat

Melody walked in and gave him a sensual smile, "Oh mai... I am so going to join the two of you in the shower. It might be a bit on the tight side but that just means all the more fun." She pulled her night shirt and panties off and stepped into the shower and gave him a hug from the front since Beth was pressed against his back.

Zane almost freaked out, since this was so not something he had been expecting at all. It didn't matter what he had read, the reality of Beth and his team going into heat was scaring the crap out of him. The last thing he wanted was to do something which might end up causing problems with his team. Beth was one thing. She was good looking and taking her to bed would bother him but not like taking one of his team to bed. It wasn't something he had ever talked to Mike about since he hadn't wanted to know. He finally managed to work his way out of the shower and after barely drying off and dressing, dashed out of the room.

When he did that, he found many of the he-wolves looking almost as nervous as he was. They traded looks and almost ran for the stairs in a tight group as they headed to breakfast. When they reached the dinning room, they found several groups of he-wolves gathered around some of the tables and looking rather nervous. Most of them were close to his age and he didn't blame them. Zane grabbed some food and started scarfing it down. He was going to need the energy to run.

It wasn't much later when the she-wolves prowled into the room and settled down across the tables. When they looked at the he-wolves there was an almost burning desire to hunt one or more down. They looked pleased even as the he-wolves looked spooked.

Adam grinned as he saw the groups of the young wolves. Brook mostly just had a look for him, but he didn't mind. *The young females look like they want to eat the young males...* he said, amused. *With the blizzard, I doubt many will make it out to some of the remote hiding spots.*

Sam huffed as she sat down beside them, "Have you seen Toby this morning?" she asked, "He was up and gone before I was awake enough to move."

Adam grinned, "Check out the security bunkers. He's probably hiding." Toby would just have to get over it, and learn to enjoy it, as did all males. It was fun being hunted, although he hadn't been single for any of the heats, so he hadn't experienced how single males were hunted. For a change, sometimes he chased his mate, too.

Robin had a bit of a spooked look, but had Lea tightly in his hand. They both sat down across from the Alphas, and started eating, trading choice bites with the other.

*Lea told me as long as I stay with her, other females will not try to pounce me.* he said to Adam privately.  He looked terrified.

*That was good advise.* Adam approved, *Although a simple 'No' has to be respected. Once you're mated, you're hands-off, as well*

He did make sure it was consensual, and both sides could say stop at any point. Refusal, as one female had done the first heat here, he had just stuck her in a Rogue cell in the dungeon for the rest of her heat, without anything to help relieve her sexual tension, other than her hands. Since then, everyone had respected their prospective partner's wishes, and back off if they asked it. They didn't need to give any punishments after that, as that she-wolf had gone to the one they offended and begged them to forgive them, and they had.

Brook slid herself as close as she could and started nibbling on her mate's neck. Adam pulled her plate close, and after pulling her into his lap, started feeding her bites, and she returned the favour. This was a good way to bond, but also calmed the females so they didn't rip your clothes off. He had also found that out the first year.

When Zane noticed Willow giving him the eyeball he almost perished on the spot. She was good looking but she was part of Adam's pack. As of yet he hadn't spent anytime with anyone from Adam's pack since he wasn't sure how Adam would react. Or worse, Brook.   It didn't help that one or two other females from Adam's pack were looking in the direction of the table he was at, "Guys, will we survive? I am starting to wonder... Several of the females are giving us looks like we are a brats on a bun. I would like to survive until I graduate..." He had a feeling if he called his uncle Mike would just laugh at him and hang up.