Chapter 17 - New Arrivals

When Zane woke up he was laying there feeling somewhat disturbed by the dream, "Me? With a male mate? I don't think so." When Kat, she was sleeping next to him, gave him an odd look he grinned, "I think my brain was dealing with the side effects of last week. I dreamed I found my mate and it was a guy. Probably a reaction to being chased most of the week." He had to shudder at the thought of having a male mate. Even his wolf was having a strange reaction to that dream.

She started laughing at the wry tone of voice he was talking in, "To funny. Somehow, I can't see you with a male mate either. You had entirely to much fun last week." She stretched and rolled out of bed. There was a broad smile on her face as she headed towards the bathroom.

--------------

Author Note: (Written Dec 4, 3 hours after last chapter released -- will be removed when Chapter 18 is released) I hope you all liked the joke MaxD01 played on everyone... There was enough demands of him finding a mate, when we had clearly stated he was senior enough it would take a while, till he was in his 40s... and still was wanting it, even though he is 18!

The amount of response when the last chapter was posted was astonishing, with all the denials, and other comments.  This is a fictional story, and we are writing it for fun.  The comments we had a great laugh before some of the "casual readers" that started to chime in.  There were flames that they disliked the chapter, when they disliked the last paragraph.

If you just want to read the story without any commentary, that is your decision.  Personally, I love reading it, as it allows for the story to be a two way street.  There has been clear adjustments and changes made from the comments, or they have been added to chapters as they are written.

Zane's Mate was a clear joke done on our part to get a rise out of the readers, and it did it's job almost too well!  To those that rarely comment or read the comments: This is a work in progress, and we enjoy the feedback from the readers, as it tells us how we should proceed. 

I am so surprised that nobody even thought that we might have Zane doing a dream after the rest of what the chapter was about.  Or on how unbelievable it was, and that maybe we were playing our readers...  *Update... OK, JimmyJohanElmelundHo did guess it (Or close enough)!  Your prize: chapter dedication!  Woot!  Someone realised it was all a joke for annoying us!

Without the feedback, this story would not be written, as might have written a chapter or two, but not the 500k words across 4 books that I have written (with help from maxd01 especially with this book), nor would I be proud of it, and seriously considering publication after an edit.

Sorry to those that it didn't matter it was a male...  sorry.  Zane needs to finish healing emotionally and spiritually and be well centred before he finds his mate.  That is going to take a couple decades.

(Now back to the story)

--------------

Adam smiled when he could feel the spring in the warm air. The classes had settled into the winter conditions after the heat. What could be done outside, was done there, but the sparring had been moved inside for the most part. It was hard to keep the circles clear for the fighters. This winter had been long, very cold, and when it was warmer, it snowed.