Chapter 11 - More Visitors

Beth moved to turn Zane around to face her, "If I had broken my neck from hitting a rock and you pulling me out of the water had me a quadriplegic, would you be still thinking you are responsible for it?" she bluntly asked him; trying a different approach. "If my heart stopped because I was too cold and you pulled me out just as a body, would you have felt it's your fault?" She was thinking she needed to stay at least for a bit, to learn her new abilities, but also to help heal Zane's mind.

"Not the same. If you had died before I pulled you out I would have felt bad. What I did, to me, isn't much different from what he did to me. I will give you he did it for fun and I did it to save you. It still hurts. I didn't ask, I simply changed you. What you feel now doesn't matter to an extent since I didn't know that then. I bit you and changed you Bethany." He knew she didn't blame him but it was something he was working through. It was part of the reason he was talking to her right now. He needed her to understand why he was having some issues with what he had done.

She shook her head, "I have talked to Healer McCoy, he was there as quick as he could, and if you hadn't bit me, I would have been dead. If the rogue didn't attack you, you would have lived. That is the difference. Think on that, just think—or talk with your wolf. That is what you will need to wrap your mind around. You had almost no time to decide, and you decided to give me life instead of giving me death. Maybe talk to Adam so he could get a EMT to talk to you; they probably have had times that they had to do life-altering decisions to save someone. That is what you did; you are a hero—my hero—that you save a life."

Zane rolled his shoulders before replying, "I am an Enforcer. I have been taught first aide for both humans and wolves. I know you would have died. That isn't the issue. I can understand trying to save someone. What I am having a problem with is..." He turned and looked at her, "He took the choice away from me. What I am trying to deal with it what I did to you. You can say you forgive me and wanted this but I have my issues I am trying to deal with." He was an enforcer and he knew that saving pack was his job. It was the conflict between what had been done to him and what he had done, "I am working hard to accept what I did was needed Beth. It is hard though."

Beth nodded and wrapped her arms around him, "Yes, and you are the only one to accept and deal with it. Talk to your wolf, it might help." She held him for a few minutes, not speaking. "Now, you were thinking the hotspring?" she asked quietly.

"I think I was the only one stupid enough to jump off a cliff to try and save some one." He made a face since he did remember that. When she wrapped her arms around him he wrapped his around her and they held each other for a while. Once she moved back he had to stretch, "I was since we don't have a tub in our room." Well other than that silly little toy tub. He walked out of the room with an arm around her since it did help. She was alive and knowing that did help. Even if he had force changed her, it mattered that she was alive, "Would you mind if I crawled in with you tonight? I think it would help." It wasn't for anything other than comfort. Katya was very enjoyable and they had spent a few nights together. There were a few other she-wolves he was interested in as well.

Beth smiled, and punched him on the shoulder, "You need to learn to think before you leap off a cliff!" she got quiet, and when they arrived, slipped into a free private pool, and opened her arms to Zane to curl up with her, "Anytime, Zane; you don't need to ask to climb into my bed; I know you're not looking for anything but comfort. I have talked to Adam, and he said he has no problem letting me stay, I need to decide what I want for my life, so I'll be here for a while." She had talked to others, and had found out that the pack generally paid for whatever education one wanted, as long as they applied themselves and passed the courses they took. She wasn't lacking for money either, as Adam had told her about the fund that Zane's pack had insisted on setting up for her. It seemed the two packs were fighting over who got to help her, which amused her. Some of the money she had sent to her family through Elder Wolf Friend, as to prevent the questions on where it came from.