Chapter 20 - Help My Pride

Tashi really didn't like interacting with the Alphas, but had seen that the pair were much more approachable than her own. They could be hard, and had seen it a couple of times. Usually when some student thought that because they were high and mighty in their own pack, they could get away with it here.

After the third time that someone did it the Alphas had to step in, and deal with it—each time with a different punishment, seemingly tailored to fix exactly the complaint and what that Were didn't like the most.

One had been a fight, and they could barely crawl out after the fight, and Alpha Brook had only a few light bruises, and when he started to complain the next morning, Adam had left him unable to move the next day at all, with a broken leg, and the warning he'd be kicked out at the next complaint.

Another had thought it all right to make a big mess in the dining hall of everything he didn't like. He really didn't like the fact he had to scrub the entire hall with a scrub brush, including the floor, chairs, and tables. He then was given to the head chef for a week of scrubbing dishes. Tashi shuddered, as Lupita was even scarier than the Alphas, and brooked no complaints. After seeing her able to dice vegetables, she didn't want to even start to offend her. Her fingers might be next!

The other had disrespected two firepit gatherings, and had been banned from them. When he returned, Adam had frog-marched him back to the packhouse, trailing most of those from the pack, each with a savage grin and gave him a good thrashing, leaving him moaning in the challenge circle, unable to move. He had been told that as the fire was a pack activity, pack rules prevailed. The next day Fabian used his claws as he gave him another thrashing for making the Academy look bad with his attitude. Tashi was impressed that the snow leopard had that much control, as he had left him covered in stinging scratches, but nothing was down to the muscle, and while in pain, he would not be needing to miss any classes.

She had gone to Fabian to learn that trick, as being a Next Alpha, she wanted to be able to use that for disciplining her pack when she graduated. She was still learning it; it was a hard skill to pick up.

She nearly dragged her feet, but it was for her pride she had to do this. It seemed like a long walk but eventually she reached the office. She knocked on the door, "Alpha, can I have some time to talk to you, please?"

Adam nodded and smiled, "Sure, what do you need?"

*****

Massy's thoughts were similar to Tashi's when it came to the punishments. She had been nailed once by Brook. It was something utterly stupid, she hadn't cleaned her portion of the room up, and ended up assigned to the house cleaning section. After having scrubbed a seemingly endless series of bathrooms she wasn't going to do that again. She hated cleaning with a passion which was why she hadn't done her portion of the room. It wasn't that she felt it was below her, she simply couldn't stand the mindless work.

Watching the three get thrashed was... Educational and after thinking about it her punishment wasn't anything compared to what Adam and Brook had done. The one with the fire's she had almost taken a swing at him since he had tried to bully her as well. If Adam hadn't her cat would have taken a punch at him and that would have been bad. Her Pride didn't need any worse relations with that Pack. It was close to theirs and frankly they were nothing but a pain in the ass. They were firmly convinced they were better than anyone else, human, or otherwise. It didn't help that their Alpha was also on the city counsel.

One thing she had noticed with the three, Zane had been close to thumping on them as well. He was a good wolf, one her cat approved of, but he didn't have much patience. If you didn't meet his idea of a good senior wolf, then he simply didn't deal with you unless required. After watching him with those short staff things he used she wouldn't want to be on his bad side. She was good with her weapons and could stand up to him but not when he used those things.